Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

I am Australian and my daughter was born in the US in beginning of September 2017, I applied for her Australian Citizenship by descent on 24 September. so far I only got the acknowledgment email from the embassy in Washington saying that the application is received and will be processed soon.

Now she's in Australia on ETA visa for 3 months on her US passport ( already 1 month has passed).

Its been exactly 3 months since I applied! She has another 2 months to stay in Australia if her citizenship doesn't get approved.

Have anyone experienced the same before? do you think my daughter will have her citizenship approved in 2 months or less ( considering at that time she will be on 5 months waiting mark)?

Does she have to leave Australia if her citizenship is not approved ( I know she can leave to NZ or any other country then enter again with a new 3 months)? but it is just too ridiculous as she is a newborn!

Can she overstay considering she's an infant ( 4 months old ) and both parents have residency rights in Australia?

Please advise me if there is any solution or suggestion in mind?

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Humam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Humam,

We are in almost the identical situation as you. Washington DC received our applications on Sept 28th 2017. It's been just over 5 months now. We arrived in Australia January 1st, our three kids on ETA's.

They have one month left on their ETA now. Did you apply for the Subclass 600 for your daughter?

Would really appreciate any advise.

Please feel free to PM me also. Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.