Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

My fiancee and I had a baby two months ago, while I was waiting for a temporally partner Visa (309). I´m Spanish and he is an Australian citizen, we are living and working in Spain for the last three years.

I have just received my Visa after one year and a half waiting for my Visa (because I had to pass a Health Exam and I couldn´t do the X Ray being pregnant). It says that I must go to Australia before June 2017 (First Entry Date). For what I have been reading in this forum, this date looks pretty difficult to extend, but we really weren´t planning on going to Australia until the baby was at least 1 year old (30 hours in flights and airports is too much), and is a bit expensive hello and goodbye considering that we are not going to live there yet... sorry this is just my frustration)

So, I´m applying for a Citizenship by Descent for my baby (1195 form), previous step in order to get his Australian Passport. We will go next April 2017 (because our jobs, we can´t make it other time).

Is someone experienced in this process? How long it usually takes once you present all the documents? Do they send you a passport overseas or you have to go to the Australian Embassy?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad English :)

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Citizenship by Descent
All citizenship by descent applications for Spain are processed at the Australian High Commission in London. Applications must be sent directly to London. For further details on what documents to send to London, refer to the following website: Citizenship by Descent

·
Registered
54 Posts
Allow 3 months for a CBD decision. Make sure the fathers passport, birth certificate and a translated birth certificate for the child are attached.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.