Australia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

On November 2nd 2020 I applied for my citizenship by descent. I hope to move to Australia around September/ October time. Since applying I have regularly checked the processing times as they seem to constantly change.

In January they were saying 6-9 months. February 5-10 months and now they’re at 9-11 months which seems a little excessive.

Has anyone on here got any experience with these applications and would be able to tell me a more precise time?

Or, has anyone applied around the same time as I did and heard any sort of response? I haven’t heard anything apart from confirmation it had been received.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Bailey T

·
Registered
5 Posts
Or, has anyone applied around the same time as I did and heard any sort of response? I haven’t heard anything apart from confirmation it had been received.
Hey mate.
I applied for my two kids aged 1 and 3 on the 12th of January. I got a request for more information on the 18 of March that was asking for my Australian birth certificate (I'd uploaded everything else they have a slot for on the attach documents page). I uploaded it on the 21st of March, but have yet to hear anything else.
One thing that does stick out though is that the status of both of the applications still only says 'Received.'
I'm also waiting on my wife's 309 application to be approved, but when we got got our RFI for hers, the status changed from 'Received' to "Initial Asssessment.'
When the request for my boys came, I got all excited thinking we were going to get it early because I'd seen that the estimates were at 6-9 months. Cue my disappointment when I saw that those times have been pushed out to 9-11 months and that I'm still stuck on 'Received.'
I'm hoping to get back to Oz before xmas, so I really want those applications to pass ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts