Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently applied for citizenship by descent for my three children - my husband (their Dad) is Australian. Anyway, after 3 weeks we received the citizenship certificates for the two oldest children. However, my youngest was still showing as only ‘received’ when I logged in online. Last Friday I had an email, in relation to her application, asking for proof of my husband’s British citizenship/visa. Firstly, how come that was never asked for for my other two children - they were submitted as a family group? 🤔 Secondly, if I upload the necessary proof (which I did straight away, and which, in his case, is his ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’) will they just get a notification or am I supposed to e-mail them back to let them know I’ve uploaded it? I’m just getting a bit concerned and don’t want one of my children rejected over this. Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I applied for my daughters citizenship back in October (her father is also Australian) and I didn’t hear a word until last week when they asked for a copy of his birth certificate. It still just says received even though I’ve provided the requested evidence already. I called and they said all I had to do was upload it and the case officer will see it, no need to email anyone. They also needed proof of his US immigration status even though he does not have any, he lives in Australia. When I spoke to someone at the embassy they told me just a cover letter explaining that would be enough. I’m not quite sure why his US status matters either but I guess it’s just part of the process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.