Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Im an Australian Citizen by birth and my wife is Australian Permanent Resident from Taiwan. We just gave birth to our first child in Taiwan 2 weeks ago and are due to travel back to Australia mid march as we are are both on parental leave. My son has already got his Taiwanese passport to travel back with us.

Is it possible to apply for a ETA visitor/tourist visa for him to travel to Australia then apply for Citizenship by descent when we arrive?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes, but there's nothing stopping you applying for the citizenship now..
True. However if by chance the child is granted citizenship before entering Australia he would technically need to get an Australian passport to enter on as Aus citizens are required to enter Aus with Aus passports.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We applied for our children in the USA before traveling to Australia (arrived in January). The kids arrived on ETA's. Now waiting on their Citizenship.

Does anyone have advise on if we don't receive their Citizenship by Descent before the 3 month ETA visa expires? Can we get a bridging visa for them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m not to sure on the bridging visa while waiting for citizenship by descent. I will be applying as soon as we arrive. We will have 3 months to have the citizenship to be processed. Would love to know how you go with your situation. Good luck with everything :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.