Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy Monday :)

I hope some someone would be able to help me a little with the following:

My father was born in Adelaide in 1954 and has a full Australian birth certificate. I will be applying for Citizenship by Descent in the next few weeks. I would be looking to move to Perth with my husband who is 57 and my 9 year old daughter. What would be the best way to apply for their Visa's?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Vanessa x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to move asap, although I would need to wait to be accepted as a Citizen by Descent which would be a few months, ideally by the beginning of 2019

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You'd need to wait until your citizenship by descent has been granted, then the partner visa (with your daughter as a dependent on his application) can be lodged.

Reactions: Mania

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
As per Maggies post above. As soon as you're a citizen apply for a 309 visa - alternatively you could try getting onshore with a visitor visa and then apply 820 on arrival. As you have time I would suggest the 309 route - note you may be waiting a bit longer then Jan 2019.

For the daughter to get citizenship by decent one of the parents would need to have been a citizen at the time of birth, which isn't the case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I need a little more advice please :)
On the government website it states citizenship by descent if your parent was a citizen at the time of birth......my father left Australia at the age of 2 and moved back to Scotland UK with my grandmother, my grandfather remained in Australia. I was born in 1975 how would I know if my father was still a citizen? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I assumed that he was given he was born in Australia (this may be a huge mistake on my behalf)
Thank you so much, I really don’t know where to reach out for help x

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Your Father.

If you were born in Australia before 20 August 1986, your full birth certificate issued by an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (RBDM) will suffice to confirm your citizenship, provided your parents were not in Australia as foreign diplomats or consular officers at the time of your birth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for helping me, I really appreciate it :)

If you were to give advice, would you recommend Perth as a good place to live. I am 42, my husband 56 and 9 year old daughter would be relocating. My wish list would be:

Safe environment
Ability for employment
Good state schools
Family activities
Nice easy family life
(Oh and nice wine lol :))

Currently I am a QA Manager in a Call Centre and would be looking for a similar role but more than happy to apply as Team Leader/Admin.

Again thank you all x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.