Australia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Can you please follow this timeline and advise me my "Lawful Residence Date" for the Citizenship Calculator? My PR Date was 1 year ago this month, so that's fine. However, I've been on many Visa types the last 6 years so I'm confused which one I put for my Lawful Residence Date in the Immi Citizenship Calculator.

PR Date - April 2020 (1 year ago) .... that's a green check

Tourist E-Visa April 2014 .... is this it? It's my first Australia visa. I was only in the country for 2 weeks, then didn't return for 1.5+ years

Working Holiday Visa December 2015 .... I was on this visa until August 2016, cancelled the visa, and left Australia for a couple months

Tourist E-Visa October 2016 .... did this on/off until October 2017

820 Partner BRIDGING Visa October 2017

820 Partner GRANT Temporary Visa April 2018

801 PR Grant April 2020

Which date is my Lawful Residence? The website says my "First Visa," but my first visa was in 2014 on just an E Tourist Visa I used for a couple months. Is that? Or is it my Working Holiday Visa 1.5 years later? The WHV then cancelled and I went onto a Tourist Visa again a couple months later upon returning. Or is it my Partner Bridging Visa? Or is the 820 Grant Temp Residency?

Thanks for your help - I'm confused due to the # of different Visas ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you must live in Australia for the period I don't think a holiday visa would be considered but I could be wrong

·
Registered
935 Posts
I think you must live in Australia for the period I don't think a holiday visa would be considered but I could be wrong
Yes, you are wrong :cool:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hi All - Can you please follow this timeline and advise me my "Lawful Residence Date" for the Citizenship Calculator? My PR Date was 1 year ago this month, so that's fine. However, I've been on many Visa types the last 6 years so I'm confused which one I put for my Lawful Residence Date in the Immi Citizenship Calculator.

PR Date - April 2020 (1 year ago) .... that's a green check

Tourist E-Visa April 2014 .... is this it? It's my first Australia visa. I was only in the country for 2 weeks, then didn't return for 1.5+ years

Working Holiday Visa December 2015 .... I was on this visa until August 2016, cancelled the visa, and left Australia for a couple months

Tourist E-Visa October 2016 .... did this on/off until October 2017

820 Partner BRIDGING Visa October 2017

820 Partner GRANT Temporary Visa April 2018

801 PR Grant April 2020

Which date is my Lawful Residence? The website says my "First Visa," but my first visa was in 2014 on just an E Tourist Visa I used for a couple months. Is that? Or is it my Working Holiday Visa 1.5 years later? The WHV then cancelled and I went onto a Tourist Visa again a couple months later upon returning. Or is it my Partner Bridging Visa? Or is the 820 Grant Temp Residency?

Thanks for your help - I'm confused due to the # of different Visas ....
Immigration are a bit confused too.

One of their webpages says one thing, another is a bit confusing, and legislation says another.

My wife used her 2nd visitor visa.

I can't recall what I did in 2011, but it seems I could have used my 1984 visitor visa, going by one explanation.

Their current definitions page is at:

But it appears to be different to the legislation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts