Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I submitted a citizenship by descent application for my son and last week the status changed from "received" to "finalised". In the message center on immiaccount it says his name and DOB, and then "acquired".
BUT
I have not received any communication from DIBP with his citizenship number yet. I want to apply for his passport ASAP since we are relocating to Australia in August.

Any advice on how to obtain the number to move forward with the passport?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did not get any email communication either, I only knew it was finalized because it had been more than 6 months since applying so I was checking every day at that point. I called the embassy in Washington and they were able to confirm that she was approved but wouldn't give me the number. Luckily it took about a week to get her certificate in the mail. Good luck!

Reactions: salmon1411

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not get any email communication either, I only knew it was finalized because it had been more than 6 months since applying so I was checking every day at that point. I called the embassy in Washington and they were able to confirm that she was approved but wouldn't give me the number. Luckily it took about a week to get her certificate in the mail. Good luck!
So this was quite recently? I have also been obsessively checking both for his application and mine :) I'll keep my eyes peeled for the certificate then!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes she just acquired citizenship on April 25 :) I had the certificate in my hands the following Saturday so about 7 business days.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We applied for citizenship by descent for our 3 children and we received their certificates just a few days later I think. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long (if you still haven’t had them yet).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.