Australia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Some people are getting approved same day and others in months
You say you received 2 requests for information in the 2 weeks after passing the test. Those requests might have a bearing on what is happening.

I didn't think that they would request anything after the test. We heard nothing after passing the test, until the notification of ceremony.
I know a lady passed the test but they told her they will send a request for more info. So her application was not approved yet

· Registered
81 Posts
Hi all,

My friend who applied for citizenship by conferral 5 months ago just received his notification of approval of Australian citizenship. He sent me the letter and I'm looking at it now.

On the website it says that 90% of applications are processed within 17 months.

For people who follow this thread or in the know, is it common to see applications processed in 5 months?
Yes, I know a guy got his citizenship certificate after 7 months from applying. Si it is not uncommon

· Registered
81 Posts
I’ve been following this thread and thought I’d share my timeline.

Application Date: 23rd May 2022
Interview & Test Date email confirmation received: 6th July 2022
Test Date : 23rd August 2022
Pass mark 100%
Citizenship Approval Notification email received: 10th October 2022
Invitation to ceremony email received: 21st October 2022
Citizenship Ceremony Date: 26th January 2023

Total time from application to citizenship ceremony: 8 months

Located in regional WA
Congrats.. I thought they send the invitation to ceremony 4 weeks before ceremony day

· Registered
81 Posts
Hi, our understanding is that going O/S will not affect the date of your ceremony. Home Affairs/Immi organise everything and forward your details along with the certificate to your local council and it's the council events people who send out the invites 3-4 weeks ahead of the ceremony date. That is what we were told by our local council here in Bendigo Victoria.

Fingers crossed!
So who send the invites? Home affairs or the council? Do we need to confirm attendance?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts