Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
We applied citizenship on 26th April for family of 3 and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone who has applied at around the same time and waiting or got any update?

What is the general criteria to get application picked or is it just random as I saw people applied in March and got test etc done and waiting for ceremony ?

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
My wife and I applied for citizenship on 5th November 2021. Have not heard anything. Is there someone I can contact for an update. Read so many post here of people who applied after me and got an invite and completed their test
That's weird, not sure what criteria they follow to pick the files

· Registered
24 Posts
Location is one possibility. Some areas have fewer applications and can arrange tests faster.

Some individual applications might have issues that take longer to process.

My wife's citizenship timeline was:
  1. Test was 12 months after applying.
  2. Approval was another 3 months after that.
  3. Ceremony was another 5 months after that.
Total 1 year and 8 months from application to ceremony.
I think location should come to picture only when the application is picked by the agents as the department is same for all and when the tests/ceremonies are conducted then councils etc comes to picture

· Registered
24 Posts
Citizenship tests are carried out in different Cities and Suburbs, and can have different waiting times, based on numbers of applications in each location, and numbers of available staff in those locations.

Some tests are done in Home affairs main offices, and some are done in Centrelink offices.
Many that are done in a Centrelink office take longer to be approved. Those done in a main office appear to get approved much faster.

Local council waiting lists determine the ceremony wait time.
Our application status is still in received yet and it's been 4 months

· Registered
24 Posts
My application just like yours is for a total of 3. 2 adults and 1 kid. It will be 10 months on 5th sept that I have not heard anything and the application status is received.
10 months is too long.
Feel irritated when some people get through ceremonies as well in 3-4 months and for some even the tests are not conducted even after a year. This is so unfair.
If they are taking time then it should be same to all

· Registered
24 Posts
When did you apply?
I submitted my application on 22 Mar 22.
Received text for appointment on 14 Jun.
Test date reschedule to 13 July.
Still awaiting approval.
I applied on 26th April 2022 and no update yet, application still in Received status. Did your application status change after the first contact ?

Are you in Adelaide, if yes which Council ?

· Registered
24 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
I applied for my Citizenship on June 14th of this year and I have my interview next week. I'm just wondering the following: If I pass the test (fingers crossed) & I get approved.. Can I then travel internationally? Or do I have to wait until after the ceremony? Looking at heading back to the UK for Christmas this year.
wow, that was quick
do you mind sharing the details like which state/council ?

· Registered
24 Posts
If I take the test on the date that they have given and everything is approved and I get the ceremony date in next few months but I want to delay the citizenship ceremony till next year January.

Is it possible to do so as I have plan to go overseas in December.

· Registered
24 Posts
Applied 6 June 2022.
Interview/test 31 August 2022. Perth.
2 days later they ask me for more information (criminal history police check). I have no history. Don’t know why this wasn’t requested as part of the application. Uploaded requested documents 4 September 2022.
Still waiting for approval… and then the ceremony. Hopefully this year is still possible.

Someone above asked about the interview, they just verified that the documents I’d uploaded were correct and complete. They check your ID and contact details, then you go and do the test. It was very straightforward and only took about 20 minutes.
Total 20 minutes for interview and test ?

· Registered
24 Posts
You should get the result of the test immediately, however the approval will come by email, and some get it within hours while others wait weeks or months.

My wife's approval took 3 months from being told she had passed the test at the testing centre, with a further 5 months for the ceremony.
Test passed 24/3/21.
Citizenship approved 22/6/2021.
Ceremony 18/11/2021.
Cleared the test in 4 minutes with 100%
Only the interview thing took time ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts