Australia Forum banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I take the test on the date that they have given and everything is approved and I get the ceremony date in next few months but I want to delay the citizenship ceremony till next year January.

Is it possible to do so as I have plan to go overseas in December.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I take the test on the date that they have given and everything is approved and I get the ceremony date in next few months but I want to delay the citizenship ceremony till next year January.

I guess you can. They just want to make sure you're in Australia when you're invited to attend the ceremony. That's what they said:

"Let us know if you need to travel outside Australia while your application is being processed or while you are waiting for your ceremony.
In most cases, we cannot approve your application while you are outside Australia. You must also make the Australian Citizenship pledge within 12 months of your application being approved, or the approval may be cancelled."

·
Registered
7,081 Posts

Check with your local council to see when their next ceremony date is.

I have seen one council saying "Our next Citizenship Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday 26 January 2023 (Australia Day)."

It may end up not being possible to get it earlier any way.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts