Australia Forum banner
141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Please how long was the wait after passing the test and the notification of ceremony?
8 months between test date and ceremony.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
May I ask when was your ceremony and where?
Test in Toowoomba, at Centrelink office, with ceremony in Lockyer Valley, Qld .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Applied 6 June 2022.
Interview/test 31 August 2022. Perth.
2 days later they ask me for more information (criminal history police check). I have no history. Don’t know why this wasn’t requested as part of the application. Uploaded requested documents 4 September 2022.
Still waiting for approval… and then the ceremony. Hopefully this year is still possible.

Someone above asked about the interview, they just verified that the documents I’d uploaded were correct and complete. They check your ID and contact details, then you go and do the test. It was very straightforward and only took about 20 minutes.
Total 20 minutes for interview and test ?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Total 20 minutes for interview and test ?
That sounds about right for some people.
Mine took 10 minutes, but I had been here for decades before I took the test. I just flew through the questions.

Some take longer than 20 minutes.

The interview isn't really an interview. My wife was asked to show her identity, she did. That was the interview over.
Then she did the test, probably about 25 minutes. English as a 3rd language can slow things down.

Reactions: jaknap3

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve been following this thread and thought I’d share my timeline.

Application Date: 23rd May 2022
Interview & Test Date email confirmation received: 6th July 2022
Test Date : 23rd August 2022
Pass mark 100%
Citizenship Approval Notification email received: 10th October 2022
Invitation to ceremony email received: 21st October 2022
Citizenship Ceremony Date: 26th January 2023

Total time from application to citizenship ceremony: 8 months

Located in regional WA

·
Registered
73 Posts

Pass mark 100%

Located in regional WA
Congrats.. I thought they send the invitation to ceremony 4 weeks before ceremony day

·
Registered
4 Posts

Pass mark 100%

Located in regional WA
What shire region in WA? Congratulations.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Congrats.. I thought they send the invitation to ceremony 4 weeks before ceremony day
As the 26th January is the main ceremony of the year, for the entire country, they may do notifications for that date differently.

Reactions: Aburayan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone.
I have question about the character requirement for Australian Citizenship.
I do have a record on my system without any conviction and I was fined by the judge. Does anyone have any similar case or heard something about similar case?
Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Any update on you application. I don't have a conviction but have a dismissal with guilty under sec 10A. there was an AVO also. Am waiting for approval. How long it took for yours ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I uploaded these when I submitted the application. Did you submit form 1339? If not, they might ask for it. My friend was asked to submit that form even after her passing the exam.
No I did not have to submit 1339. Just received my approval mail.
Submitted : 18 Feb
Test & Interview : 16 Aug
Approval mail : 26 Oct
Ceremony : ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, the questions were pretty straightforward stuff, and related to kids. They wanted the kids' Medicare copies first time, then came back a week later asking for mother's consent in a specific format(wording) the next time. I just hope after sitting on it for 2 months+ they don't back asking for another simple info.
Hi,
Congratulations on receiving the approval mail.
I would like to ask about the mother's consent form, Could you please give a link for this form or the specific format(wording) that you have submitted?

Thank you
Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone
I apply for my citizenship 14 June 2021
Got citizenship test letter 24 December 2021
I sit for citizenship test 14 February 2022
Pass with 95%
Because I added my 11years old daughter they requested for additional information for her mum to sign the consent letter to grant her citizenship,I uploaded the documents,then status changes to "further assessment"
But my question is that after all that I have a criminal record after the application before i made the application i didn't have a criminal record,will that still affect the chances of me getting approval?
Thanks
Hi mate,

I hope you are very well.
I just have a question regarding "the mum consent letter to grant citizenship to a child". Could you please share a link to the form?,
or if it is not official form, could you please give more details about it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I’m just wondering if anyone knows what’s the progress now for the appointment letter received in Perth ie. which date is it up to? Submitted mine in Sep and nervously waiting for the test email to come through. Checked the immi tracker but no records for Aug’22 applications unfortunately…

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys!

I've just had my citizenship approved on 10 October 2022 with Melbourne CBD as my registered residence/council. With this, I am curious to know if there is anyone here on this forum who could enlighten me the timeframe between citizenship approval to the ceremony date for my council. Otherwise, directing me through to the section of the immigration website where the matter is stated or discussed would be appreciated.

Thank you, and I look forward to receiving a response.

Regards,
Gabe

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Hi guys!

I've just had my citizenship approved on 10 October 2022 with Melbourne CBD as my registered residence/council. With this, I am curious to know if there is anyone here on this forum who could enlighten me the timeframe between citizenship approval to the ceremony date for my council. Otherwise, directing me through to the section of the immigration website where the matter is stated or discussed would be appreciated.

Thank you, and I look forward to receiving a response.

Regards,
Gabe
The immigration website does not supply the details of the local councils ceremony dates.

The answer will depend on how many people are waiting in your local council, how many they do for each ceremony and how often they hold ceremonies.

You may find you will be listed for the January ceremony on Australia Day, when they normally do some very large numbers on that day.

The next ceremony at Melbourne Town Hall is 16 November 2022, and that is the last one listed for 2022.

The next one would be Australia Day, 26 January.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts