Australia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
do we get the results of the test immediately or do they inform by Email later?
You should get the result of the test immediately, however the approval will come by email, and some get it within hours while others wait weeks or months.

My wife's approval took 3 months from being told she had passed the test at the testing centre, with a further 5 months for the ceremony.
Test passed 24/3/21.
Citizenship approved 22/6/2021.
Ceremony 18/11/2021.

Reactions: jaknap3

·
Registered
21 Posts
You should get the result of the test immediately, however the approval will come by email, and some get it within hours while others wait weeks or months.

My wife's approval took 3 months from being told she had passed the test at the testing centre, with a further 5 months for the ceremony.
Test passed 24/3/21.
Citizenship approved 22/6/2021.
Ceremony 18/11/2021.
Cleared the test in 4 minutes with 100%
Only the interview thing took time ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the reason for some applications not receiving approval on the same day? I sat and passed the test, then got approved 2hrs later while my wife sat it the following day but still has not got the approval.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is the reason for some applications not receiving approval on the same day? I sat and passed the test, then got approved 2hrs later while my wife sat it the following day but still has not got the approval.
I have no idea but am also very interested to find out why.

Also, does anyone know if they actually ring the person you put down as a character reference? And if they do, at what stage does this happen? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I went for my interview, I was under the impression that my application has already been reviewed. Obviously nothing was missing and the immigration officer was just going through it to perform the last check. She told me that my file was very well presented with all the uploaded documents being very clear and she just had to check and scan my passport and my driving licence. Nothing else was requested.
Since I went back to France between my application and my interview, I requested a new french police check and uploaded it before the interview, which she said was appreciated. Not mandatory but appreciated.
The interview took less than 10 minutes.
I did the test in 3 minutes and passed.
I was out of the office in less than 30 minutes.
And I got the approval 1 hour and 1 minute after I left the office.
I think it really depends on the quality of the application. All uploaded document have to be clear, relevant and up to date.
If anything is missing, I imagine the application goes back in the queue and delays it further.
All the best to you all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I went for my interview, I was under the impression that my application has already been reviewed. Obviously nothing was missing and the immigration officer was just going through it to perform the last check. She told me that my file was very well presented with all the uploaded documents being very clear and she just had to check and scan my passport and my driving licence. Nothing else was requested.
Since I went back to France between my application and my interview, I requested a new french police check and uploaded it before the interview, which she said was appreciated. Not mandatory but appreciated.
The interview took less than 10 minutes.
I did the test in 3 minutes and passed.
I was out of the office in less than 30 minutes.
And I got the approval 1 hour and 1 minute after I left the office.
I think it really depends on the quality of the application. All uploaded document have to be clear, relevant and up to date.
If anything is missing, I imagine the application goes back in the queue and delays it further.
All the best to you all.
Our applications are exactly the same as I uploaded them the same time.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Hey mates,I’m eligible for AU citizenship on Feb next year.
Does anyone know how long take from DOL to get certificate I’m living in liverpool council area.
The times can vary each month.

But recent examples show that 10 months is the median average from date of application to decision. But 10% took over 15 months.

Liverpool City Council:
From decision to ceremony.
642 were finalised in Sep 2022.
83% took under 3 months.
10% took between 3 and 6 months
7% took over 6 months.

That works out at an average of 13 months.
But, it could be over 22 months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The times can vary each month.

But recent examples show that 10 months is the median average from date of application to decision. But 10% took over 15 months.

Liverpool City Council:
From decision to ceremony.
642 were finalised in Sep 2022.
83% took under 3 months.
10% took between 3 and 6 months
7% took over 6 months.

That works out at an average of 13 months.
But, it could be over 22 months.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Sounds good 83% less than three month thanks mate
That is just the time from decision to ceremony.
Add on the time from application to decision, which has averaged 10 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hii all, I am about to apply for citizenship and filling up form 1195. First question- can my GP, accountant sign off form 1195. Second question- my passport is expiring on march 2023, do i need to renew it to identify for test and ceremony and i might need to change my address in next 6 months do i need to fill up another form of change of address? How do i tell them the change of address?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Second question- my passport is expiring on march 2023, do i need to renew it to identify for test and ceremony
I did my own citizenship some years ago using my expired passport. I even used the fact that I had no passport as a reason to get an Australian passport issued faster, at extra cost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hii all, I am about to apply for citizenship and filling up form 1195. First question- can my GP, accountant sign off form 1195. Second question- my passport is expiring on march 2023, do i need to renew it to identify for test and ceremony and i might need to change my address in next 6 months do i need to fill up another form of change of address? How do i tell them the change of address?
You need to renew your passport only if you are a permanent residence and wish to travel overseas the expired passport nothing to do with citizenship application you can use an expired passport as ID for two years after date of expired .

161 - 180 of 185 Posts