Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My eligibility date for citizenship is December 5th 2019, and I intend to apply as soon as possible. My question is: can i leave Australia while i wait for the response (test date letter?)? I can't see why this would be a problem, but I just want to be sure :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello all,

My eligibility date for citizenship is December 5th 2019, and I intend to apply as soon as possible. My question is: can i leave Australia while i wait for the response (test date letter?)? I can't see why this would be a problem, but I just want to be sure :D

Thanks!
Hi Kris1 - I just applied for citizenship on 27th December, and one of the items asked whether I planned any overseas travel in the next twelve months (which I do as I'll be going to the States for a week.) I then had to enter estimated dates and length. Turns out I'll be traveling a week later than planned due to better fares, but I can't see how that would matter. I am going in February and even the shortest timelines people have shared haven't been processed that quickly. I believe you just have to be in Australia when you are processed. Hope it helps and good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.