Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Can you please clarify me on below scenario.

I have been working in same consulting company for the last 12 years. My company is reluctant to provide employment reference. The only option left to me is Statutory Declarations. During my stay in company , i worked with multiple managers (At least 4), and worked with various clients and deployed to various client locations.

1. Can my current manager/ Colleague can provide a statutory declaration for my entire stay of 12 years..? or do i need to get individual Statutory Declaration from each manger/colleague who worked with me in that particular project

2.If the reference is from work colleague who is at the same level/designation as mine, then ACS going to consider the same as valid experience..?

3. Can I even get Statutory Declarations from my client supervisor/colleague who worked with me on those client Projects..? if that declaration is from client, do i need to provide any additional documents..?

Thank you,
Pavan.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
A considered answer to 1 would require a detailed assessment of the particulars of your case, but is probably no.
The answer to 2 is no.
3 is ill posed.
The ACS is fairly clear (and inflexible) about what it wants to see and submitting something else in lieu is not a good idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A considered answer to 1 would require a detailed assessment of the particulars of your case, but is probably no.
The answer to 2 is no.
3 is ill posed.
The ACS is fairly clear (and inflexible) about what it wants to see and submitting something else in lieu is not a good idea.
Hi wrussel, Thank you for your response..As 12 years is considerably long duration, I am finding it hard to relocate my managers/supervisors at beginning of my career ...Can you please let me know if there any alternatives left over to me..?

Will it be ok , if the statutory declaration is provided by a work colleague , who is next level/designation(Senior) as mine in team, and who is not a supervisor/manager.. ?

Thank you,
Pavan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check this:

Thank you for your quick response. It says "It is preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level".

Also on the ACS website it is mentioned that Statutory Declarations from Junior Colleague are Not suitable.

Please let me know, if there are any incidents of applications getting rejected by ACS/Immigration Dept ,because the statutory declarations are from Colleagues at same designation or at next level, and are not from supervisors.

Thank you,
Pavan.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Check this:

Thank you for your quick response. It says "It is preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level".

Also on the ACS website it is mentioned that Statutory Declarations from Junior Colleague are Not suitable.

Please let me know, if there are any incidents of applications getting rejected by ACS/Immigration Dept ,because the statutory declarations are from Colleagues at same designation or at next level, and are not from supervisors.

Thank you,
Pavan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Pavan,

I have same query as you posted for question 2 & 3. Can you please let me know if you have got any clarification for it?

Appreciate your time

-Sarfaraz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.