Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am just looking for some tips for the kind of evidence that is good when applying for a partner visa. So far I have collected:

Photos of us together.
Cards from his family (e.g. birthday cards) to me (they don't have a date on them, is this a problem?).
Postcards from his family addressed to both of us.
Rental lease agreements in both of our names.
Letters from the estate agent addressed to both of us.
Utility bills addressed to only one of us (bank statements show that we half the bills and one of us puts money into the other's bank account and then they pay the bill - is this okay?).
We will be getting our relationship registered.
Emails from one other, proving we have been in a relationship for over one year.

At the moment I think that is all I have collected, will this be enough or should I keep on looking out for more things?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Many missions have checklists on their websites, such as this one: Visa checklist - Partner migration - Australian Embassy.

Look at a few of those and use them as a guide, even if you are applying onshore (in Australia, that is).

Elkitten's sticky is also very handy: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/2997-very-unofficial-defacto-visa-tips.html

Do note that it is not simply being 'in a relationship' for a year that is required. DIAC wants to know that you have been living together for at least 12 months at the date of the visa application, or that you had good reasons for not living together for some of that time.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
All the hard documentation like leases, associated letters and bills/bank accounts is fine and a lot better than undated cards and photos which are really only of limited support.
And re
We will be getting our relationship registered.
Emails from one other, proving we have been in a relationship for over one year.
The registration is fine but emails to oneanother sort of says you were apart and if so, that detracts from the residing relationship requirement though with a registration and at least six months together, th emails like cards etc. can be general support re length of time you have known oneanother.

What is on the Indonesian web site is just a duplication in lesser detail of what the Checklist via Family - Visas & Immigration will tell you and unless you're applying from an overseas country stick with the Immi site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for all your help!

Is it best to hand in with your application the original copies of evidence like postcards, letters, birthday cards, etc. or are photocopies of them okay? Also, do these photocopies need to be certified?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It is only official documents that need to be certified and copies of cards, photos etc. is fine but do not overdue it ans some people may just have a couple of sheets of half a dozen photos etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.