Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to seek advise regarding this question on Partner Visa online Application (Subclasses 820 and 801):

Do the applicant and the sponsor have a mutual commitment to a shared life as a married couple, or as de facto partners, to the exclusion of all others?

*Date applicant and sponsor committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others?
?
On the first question, obviously my answer is YES. But on the second one, I am just confused whether which date should I put. Me and my husband became officially a couple July 1 2016. He was on vacation to Philippines that time. We were in an exclusive genuine relationship. He has met my family and friends, asked for my mother's blessing too. Since then we started to see future together too. Though he needed to go back in Australia, so we were in a Long Distance relationship. But on September wee met again and got engaged. Since then we started planning our wedding. We got married 6 months after here in Australia. We have been living together since then.
So, I am just confused should I put the date we became a couple? Date we got engaged? Or date we got married? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would definitely put July 1st 2016, it sounds like that's when you decided to work on your lives together (with him meeting your family and starting to make plans).

My partner and I also put the first date we remember being a genuine couple and thinking about future plans, and that worked for us.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
*Date applicant and sponsor committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others?
<..>
Me and my husband became officially a couple July 1 2016. He was on vacation to Philippines that time. We were in an exclusive genuine relationship..
July 1 2016 - sounds like the correct date.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I would seem to think 1st July 2016 if there is some documentary evidence around this date (maybe a email or some message).

How long prior to this date did you first meet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.