Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the commissioner’s guidelines about compassionate and compelling circumstances it talks about possible psychological damage.
“Compassionate circumstances regarding the age and/or health and/or psychological state of the person that, if not taken into account, would result in serious, ongoing and irreversible harm and continuing hardship to the person”
What counts as damaging enough to be allowed to enter from a foreign country. My spouse is foreign military currently stationed in NT and I applied on the basis that my severe depression due to separation is resulting psychological and physician harm. My first attempt, I was not exempt and they told me I should seek help. Which obviously I have and everyone involved, even military command, recommends that I travel to be with my spouse temporarily as a solution. I submitted a second request submitting more information, diagnoses, letters about my current mental state, and I am waiting to hear back. Should I be denied again, what will be good enough as “psychological harm” if daily suicidal ideation is not?? I have a 601 visa.

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
In the commissioner’s guidelines about compassionate and compelling circumstances it talks about possible psychological damage.
“Compassionate circumstances regarding the age and/or health and/or psychological state of the person that, if not taken into account, would result in serious, ongoing and irreversible harm and continuing hardship to the person”
What counts as damaging enough to be allowed to enter from a foreign country. My spouse is foreign military currently stationed in NT and I applied on the basis that my severe depression due to separation is resulting psychological and physician harm. My first attempt, I was not exempt and they told me I should seek help. Which obviously I have and everyone involved, even military command, recommends that I travel to be with my spouse temporarily as a solution. I submitted a second request submitting more information, diagnoses, letters about my current mental state, and I am waiting to hear back. Should I be denied again, what will be good enough as “psychological harm” if daily suicidal ideation is not?? I have a 601 visa.
It might be advisable to seek professional advice.
As neither party are Australian Citizens or permanent residents I am not sure the conditions you mentioned will apply, only a Registered Migration Agent will know the answer.
There is a list of Agents in the "sticky" at the top of the forum posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts