Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was spending the whole week researching about the definition of : compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen;

Anyone has any clue?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi,
I was spending the whole week researching about the definition of : compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen;

Anyone has any clue?
In what relation do you need to know the definition? I may not be able to answer or help much, but others who can would likely need more information about your situation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In what relation do you need to know the definition? I may not be able to answer or help much, but others who can would likely need more information about your situation.
Applying for PMV300, while having restriction PIC 4020

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Applying for PMV300, while having restriction PIC 4020
So you need to satisfy PIC 4020 in order to proceed with the PMV 300? I don't know a ton about it, but isn't PIC 4020 relaings to the provision of false documents or information that is misleading?

If that's the situation you're in then I would highly recommend engaging a RMA and their services to help you out.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks. I was asking about the definition :)
Compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
How would the refusal of your PMV affect that of your Australian partner, is a way to look at it.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,

Anyone has any clue?
The ordinary dictionary meaning of the terms apply.The terms 'compassionate' and 'compelling' are not further defined.

Whether there are compelling or compassionate circumstances will depend on the circumstances of the individual case. The relevant circumstances should already be in existence and not be something that may occur in the future.

Some examples are "significant health or welfare issues affecting an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen" or "a minor child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen residing in Australia who would be adversely affected by a decision not to waive".

Note: The interests of the applicant are not relevant when considering whether a waiver should apply. Only compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen are relevant.

I suspect that the reason(s) why the applicant is affected by PIC 4020 in the first place, may also play a role in the decision to waive the exclusion period or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.