Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I came to know about a person through common friends who applied for PR from overseas and then came to Aus on a tourist visa before the decision was made. Few months after her arrival, immigration rejected her application on the ground of forging a signature on some papers. Naturally she appealed for that and in the meantime she took the de facto route as plan B. She met an Aussie guy and staying with him in return of whatever you can imagine to show this relationship as a de facto one so that if the appeal is rejected she can still get the PR. Now she is keeping this new guy completely out of her social media ( no pictures or relationship updates there) and my friend suspects that once she get the PR, she will dump this guy as she thinks she is overqualified than him and will marry someone from her home country.

I want to complain this anonymously. Now I’ve few questions here, I only know her name and city along with social media link. In that case, if the CO pays heed to my complain, and reject her de facto application, then will she be notified about the complaint? Or it will remain as a black box? Also after the rejection, will she get any punishment or simply be deported to her home country ? She already did a forgery on her previous application. Will that fraudulent activity will be taken consideration on her de facto application assessment ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Based on previous ones she will be told what the complaint is and asked to make comment.

If* her visa gets rejected then the punishment will be as per Australian law depending in what the crime is/was.

And just to make your post a little clearer am I correct in thinking you heard a story from someones aunts brothers sissters mother about someone that you've never met and your making a complaint about them based on heresay and you think that your complaint thru 3rd hand info will make a big difference, unless you have proof then it will probably just make the application harder and the requirement to provide more evidence.

Not being funny but perhaps you should mind your own business..this post smells o more then your telling us.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I have had several cases where “ adverse information” was provided by a friend or a relative out of jealousy or because of a simple quarrel or dislike . Often the allegations are malicious and totally unfounded. Of course this sort of mischief making can cause great harm to innocent people.

So, unless you have solid evidence of fraud or you fancy yourself some sort of vigilante, it may be best to put your faith in the system and trust that any irregularities will be picked up by dilligent case officers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.