Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to this Forum and ppl here seem very friendly and helpful.
I wanted some advice from you guys for my student visa which is gonna expire 30th August this year. However I have got some serious issues they might lead to the unsuccessful of my application

I was granted my current student 573 visa offshore back mid of 2015, finished a 5 week language course then failed everything for my first year of uni as I was forced to be studying something I really hate.
Then I had a 8 months study gap changing courses (2 months onshore 6 months offshore)
Then I started a foundation course and failed more than half things due to family issues...It gave me very bad depression for a long time
Then I transferred to this uni i am studying at. knowing ive had bad study history and plus the passion of my new course I am working super hard and doing really well now, but my visa is expiring soon.

I have asked few agents for help they all saying its very unlikely to get another visa for another four years(this is how long my bachelor course is going to last). They all said I will not be able to satisfy the GTE requirement even if I get rejected & appeal to AAT in a year or so because a) I have had a long study gap between courses b) I have achieved nothing in 3 years c)my new course is going to extend my staying onshore for at least a total of 7 years and the department will not like it etc etc...

Can anyone please suggest me some help...I am very anxious that I will no be able to finish my uni here, I am loving it so much and it will defiantly benefit my future, I am working very hard too.

Or can anyone suggest me a good MIA for some professional advice please.

you answer will be so appreciated. hope you had a lovely day. thank you<

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I can suggest something but it will only get me in trouble for being sarcastic as such the only advice I have is for you to pick one of the names found here at the link below contact them, pay their fees and get good quality advice.

Oh and shopping round until you get an answer you like isn't the way immigration works - if you've had the advice of a few agents why do you think you'll get better advice from unknown entity's on the internet, however sweet and smiling we may be?

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/252474-registered-migration-agents.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can suggest something but it will only get me in trouble for being sarcastic as such the only advice I have is for you to pick one of the names found here at the link below contact them, pay their fees and get good quality advice.

Oh and shopping round until you get an answer you like isn't the way immigration works - if you've had the advice of a few agents why do you think you'll get better advice from unknown entity's on the internet, however sweet and smiling we may be?

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/252474-registered-migration-agents.html
Hey Mania, thanks for the respond...and the only reason why im hoping to get some proffesional answers is that i havent been able to find an actual registered migration agent to ask for advice, all I got from them was unclear answers & impatience. and that is why i came here to ask for help. Then I got your responce for these options. I will try contact them tomorrow, than you so much!!

Zuyi

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey everyone, I am new to this Forum and ppl here seem very friendly and helpful.
I wanted some advice from you guys for my student visa which is gonna expire 30th August this year. However I have got some serious issues they might lead to the unsuccessful of my application

I was granted my current student 573 visa offshore back mid of 2015, finished a 5 week language course then failed everything for my first year of uni as I was forced to be studying something I really hate.
Then I had a 8 months study gap changing courses (2 months onshore 6 months offshore)
Then I started a foundation course and failed more than half things due to family issues...It gave me very bad depression for a long time
Then I transferred to this uni i am studying at. knowing ive had bad study history and plus the passion of my new course I am working super hard and doing really well now, but my visa is expiring soon.

I have asked few agents for help they all saying its very unlikely to get another visa for another four years(this is how long my bachelor course is going to last). They all said I will not be able to satisfy the GTE requirement even if I get rejected & appeal to AAT in a year or so because a) I have had a long study gap between courses b) I have achieved nothing in 3 years c)my new course is going to extend my staying onshore for at least a total of 7 years and the department will not like it etc etc...

Can anyone please suggest me some help...I am very anxious that I will no be able to finish my uni here, I am loving it so much and it will defiantly benefit my future, I am working very hard too.

HI there, can't help myself but to share my personal experience. Of course I'm no expert nor am i a registered migration agent. But if this helps , I'm happy to share my experience.

I came on a student visa to do a my undergrad. i had established myself in my home country , good job etc, but my passion was to do my degree and go home after i finish and continue working there. Well. circumstances changed and i had a bad patch with marriage and both my mom in law and mom passed one month apart. Lots went on the resulted from those events - depression, grief etc. To cut the story short, for my undergrad, i had two student visa extensions and what was supposed to be a four year turned to six years! All I'm saying is that, if you can support your reasons for the extensions , compelling reasons and beyond your control, you may be successful.

All i can say is never give up ( and if you are financial able to manage, please do try). You can do the application on your own if no migration agent is willing to help you for reasons they are not confident of success. PM me if you like and i will tell you more details of my experience (it hasnt stopped there ). Im still here in OZ after 8 years . Blessed is all i can say.

Good Luck, all the best :)

·
Registered
89 Posts

p.s - Sorry i forgot to mention, i have never used a Migration agent from day one of applying my visa/s . Also, I'm very new to this forum and what I've learn so far is that over the years, I've learnt on my own, through mistakes, encounters with DIBP (DOHA now) personnel , researching etc. I'm just happy to help where i can, thats all. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
p.s - Sorry i forgot to mention, i have never used a Migration agent from day one of applying my visa/s . Also, I'm very new to this forum and what I've learn so far is that over the years, I've learnt on my own, through mistakes, encounters with DIBP (DOHA now) personnel , researching etc. I'm just happy to help where i can, thats all. :)
Hey Truthfylly247,

Thank you so much for your response. After reading it I felt so much more relived(Im sorry for your lost, hope there was someone there for you at the time). I am too new here that I dont seem to have the right to PM you(?) but I would love to hear more about your situation, and more details of mine...which is very complicated. Hope you are having a lovely day reading this too :)

Zuyi

ps: I have just engaged to a RMA based in Melbourne, Im not sure if they are certain about my situation but they seem to be very professional that id love to give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.