Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My partner received a notice of intend to cancel her visa, our is story is a bit complicated:

-She was under her ex-partner 457 visa as dependent but they broke up about 1 year and so ago.
-In January they revogated their relationship at Service NSW,
-In march we went to Service NSW to apply for a relationship registration but they lost our application and just came back to us on 18/08/2018 saying we needed to re-submit the application. (We have a letter from them stating they've lost our application).
-We've been together since the end of last year and now we have a little baby.
-Due to complications during pregnancy and also at Service NSW we were unable to lodge a new visa application in time.
-I'm under 457 Visa.
-We have all the documents ready to lodge a new application including a letter from my sponsor saying they are happy to include my partner and baby as my 457 dependents
-We've asked migration to give us some time to lodge a new visa application.
-Waiting for the decision

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent. Did your partner and her ex-partner notify DIBP regarding the breakdown of their relationship? Because her stay in Australia on a 457 was entirely based on her being in a relationship with her ex-partner. For her to suddenly jump to a new relationship with you and want to transfer to your 457 may be an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We went to a migration agent in December and he advised as below:

-She needed to cancer her de facto relationship with her ex partner
- Wait a 90 days cooling off peride
-Register a new relaionship with me
-Apply for the visa, jump to another 457 shouldnt be an issue.

Now agent says there is nothing he can do untill we receive a response from DIAC

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
The DIBP is now DoHA.
Lord only knows what they will call themselves tomorrow.

In march we went to Service NSW to apply for a relationship registration but they lost our application and just came back to us on 18/08/2018 saying we needed to re-submit the application
This is not fatal.

Consult a registered migration agent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.