Australia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a tourist with visa 600 3 year multi entry and condition 8558 (can stay 12 months from each date of arrival in 18 month period) who is already in AUS, continue to stay after the visa expired on May 22 but still havent completed 12 months from date of last entry.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
condition 8558 (can stay 12 months from each date of arrival in 18 month period)
That is not what 8558 actually says, which is “The holder must not stay in Australia for more than 12 months in any period of 18 months.”

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not a migration agent, and this is not immigration advise. My understanding is that the condition 8558 only mentions that even though the visa is valid for 3 years, the visa holder must not spend more than 12 months in a rolling 18 month period. This condition does not allow the visa holder to stay after visa expiry date. Again, I am not a migration agent, and this is not immigration advise.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
So does this mean they can stay in aus even after the Visa has expired?
Does the visa actually in May 22, or is that the date for latest entry?

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Date of last entry 29th Nov 2021
Date of visa expiry 22nd May 2022

Thanks for all the responses
From a previous forum post:

Visa Expiry Date: For temporary visa holders only.

If you are:

outside Australia, this is the date your visa ends.

in Australia, this is the date the period of stay ends on your visa. You must leave Australia before midnight (AEST) on this date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts