Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short History:
I graduated at PhD level from the Melbourne University in September 2017. Thus, I applied for 190 subclass Visa, and I was invited within two weeks. Therefore, I lodged my 190 skill visa application in early October 2017. My case officer contacted me in late November and requested my PhD certificate/transcript/completion letter which I have provided those immediately. Since then, I haven’t received any update from immigration department or my CF. However, all my peers have received their PR within 2-3 months. My student VISA is yet valid until late July 2018, and I have granted a Bridging A visa after lodging my PR application.

Okay about my question:
I found that employers are not willing to offer me a job just because of my VISA circumstances (despite the fact that I have an unlimited work permit). I’m looking to apply for a Graduate Temporally Visa in the meantime, to be able to receive a job offer. Usually, our students are granted GT within 2 weeks. However, I’m not entirely sure if applying a Graduate Temporally Visa (post-study) effects my 190 skill visa application or there is any conflict that I’m not aware?

Thus, considering having a 190-skill visa application, which is currently lodged, can I lodge a post-study temporally graduate visa?

Note-I know if my PR gets granted before GT I must withdraw my application ASAP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks as if the department will grant you PR shortly. I don't see any point in applying for a 485. The processing time on these visas is several months anyway, so you would be in the same position you are now.
Thanks Jeremy for the comment. I actually check this today with immigration after being on hold for two hours. Apparently, there is not conflict and I'm able to apply for 485 visa while having a 190 as an ongoing application.
With regard to processing time: as I checked on the immigration website the current processing time for post study 485 is 39 days. No applicable for everyone by I have heard in most cases the post study 485 can be granted within 2 weeks.

ps: the operator told me there is nothing pending on my application and sometimes there are just back and forth communication between countries, which I'm not entirely sure what he meant. Because when the CF request additional documents this means the security check is finalised. But anyways nothing else I can do now and I just need to wait and see how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.