Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I have a question about relationship start date it only have option de facto

(me and my Australian partner) have been in relationship back on 23/august/2016.
we meet on almost every weekend and also I stayed on his parents house on most weekend)

and we decided to live together on
02/February/2018
lease agreement under his name (cause its studio apartment)

and we lodge de facto certificate and received it somewhere around
August/2018

main question is 4 of the relationship status question:

1. relationship start date , on my application I put 09/September/2016
and relationship status is (de facto) cause there's no other option beside married and the other one as I remember.
cause we got confused, I though it's the date we started dating, but the official date is on 23 of august/2016?

2. relationship start date on my sponsor applicant, which is my partner we put (23 of august 2016) on (de facto) as well

3 Date committed de facto relationship began we put 23/September/2016

4 Date the applicant and sponsor committed to a shared life together to the exclusions of all others (I'm guessing this is the date we started to live together??) we put : 01/febuary/2018

I'm so confused on these questions as I'm afraid we might be putting the wrong dates >< I'm so nervous I can't sleep. we just lodge the application on 12 of November 2018 which it's just a few day, and we realize seems like we made mistake on the date
hopefully anyone can help us on these questions,

thank you again in advance :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Y0UI - don't stress.

I am slightly confused with your dates myself. It is very simple:

1) relationship start date - when you first started dating
2) Date committed de facto relationship began / to the exclusions of all others - to me they are the same and that can't be Feb 2016 as it is before you started dating. I would say 02 Feb 2018 but that question you have to answer as you know best. Keep in mind that this is the date that is most critical to qualify for defacto relationship.

The dates on both applications have to match.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
My opinion is that the de facto relationship began is 2 February 2018.

IMO prior to that you were only spending weekends at his house and that is considered dating not de facto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Y0UI - don't stress.

I am slightly confused with your dates myself. It is very simple:

1) relationship start date - when you first started dating
2) Date committed de facto relationship began / to the exclusions of all others - to me they are the same and that can't be Feb 2016 as it is before you started dating. I would say 02 Feb 2018 but that question you have to answer as you know best. Keep in mind that this is the date that is most critical to qualify for de facto relationship.

The dates on both applications have to match.
hi Zol, thank you for your answers :)

1. relationship start date (is it the date where we start become boy friend girl friend?), not the date where we become de facto right?
if that's so our boyfriend girlfriend relationship began on
23 of September 2016 (cause the options only de facto, married or fiancé) that's why im confused ><

2. i'm sorry I put the year wrong, its suppose to be 2018 not 2016 :eek:
so that's mean for Date committed de facto relationship began/relationship all exclusion to others is the time we start the tenancy? which it would be 02/febuary/2018

I wonder if I made a mistake can I fix it? I know I have to submit the wrong information form they provided i'm worried about it will be affecting our visa application >< as we been dating for more than 2 years the dates are confusing.

-also we submitted on November 2018, technically our tenancy will be finished on February 2019, will that be a problem in the future?
since we already register our relationship to government body we though it will be okay to give it a go to submit it :confused:

thank you again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My opinion is that the de facto relationship began is 2 February 2018.

IMO prior to that you were only spending weekends at his house and that is considered dating not de facto.
Hi Mish thank you again for your reply,

like so me and my sponsor has to put relationship start date, but its only (de facto, married, and fiancé) therefore we needed to put the date where we start out tenancy? or the date where we really start dating?

for the last 2 question I already understand it, is your answer in regards to the first 2 question where me and my sponsor has to fill in the application?

thank you again :)

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Number 3 where it asks when the de facto relationship began I would put when you moved in together as prior to that is just dating.

When it asks when your relationship began I would put when you started dating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.