Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spouse just got granted the subclass 100 (yay!) and naturally we looked into citizenship requirements but are confused about the PR aspect.

The general residence requirement is as follows:
You must meet all of the following:

have lived in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying
must have been a permanent resident for the 12 months immediately before making an application and not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total, during the four year period, including no more than 90 days in the 12 months before applying.​

So I take it, my spouse can only apply for citizenship a year from today, or does being on the subclass 309 count re: must be a permanent resident for the 12 months so we can apply now already (all other requirements are met).

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Currently it’s 4 years residence including 12 months PR. So in your case, 12 months after the sc.100 was granted (provided she has been here legally for 4 years).. If the LNP get their way in July it will be 4 years permanent residency before you’re eligible. Apparently Pauline Hanson wants to make it 8 years!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CCMS! I think I just had the optimist's bias kicking in...:D

The RRV portion is primarily what irked me, but maybe staying as PR will be fine...:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.