Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,my name is jewels and im very confused about all these visas that im reading online.
i met my boyfriend online 6 years ago,he is from canada,i went to canada in 2007 then 2009,he came to australia march 10th 2010,he is on a ETA tourist visa ,we want to marry soon,we want to settle in australia not canada,what do we do as we are so confused and people are telling us different stories,that if he goes out of the country for 2 days or whatever they will stop him at the airport,is that true????? please help me.kind regards jewels

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi,my name is jewels and im very confused about all these visas that im reading online.
i met my boyfriend online 6 years ago,he is from canada,i went to canada in 2007 then 2009,he came to australia march 10th 2010,he is on a ETA tourist visa ,we want to marry soon,we want to settle in australia not canada,what do we do as we are so confused and people are telling us different stories,that if he goes out of the country for 2 days or whatever they will stop him at the airport,is that true????? please help me.kind regards jewels
Hi Jewels,

From the little you have written in your post it appears that you situation is not a straight forward one. You have already stated that you are confused as you are being given conflicting advice by different people.

Considering the actions you take in regards to your partner's visa will have long lasting ramifications, I suggest you obtain professional advice based on your particular situation.

Although forums can be a good source of general advice, I believe that in this case you will only become more confused.

Kind regards,

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Without going into a lot of detail jewells, your options are fairly straightforward;
1. Marry while he is here on an ETA and he applies for a partner visa.
If he is close to the end of the three months, perhaps a quick trip to New Zealand is required, for marriage needs at least a months notification to a minister/celebrant.
First return on an ETA is usually not going to be questioned too much.

2. Does the Bf have skills and is seeking an employer to sponsor a possibility.

3. If he left to return home or even being prepared to go to NZ for a bit longer a Proposed Marriage Visa could be applied for.

Have a look at details via http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/visa-options.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.