Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys hope everyone is good.i just wanted to know that if i could apply for citizenship or no.
Arrived 2010 i was on student visa , after one year 2011 granted bridging visa A. after one year 2012 i got married and granted bridging visa E UNTIL 2017 I was on bridging visa E and beginning of 2017 granted PR , so i am just wondering bridging visa E makes it harder ? if anyone has similar experience I would love to hear back.
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the date when BVE was granted is the date from which you will start calculating your time period for residency requirement for citizenship.

BVE is still a visa and let you lawfully stay in Australia. Only thing is it is granted when you are unlawful in Australia. So, any time period spend before BVE will not be counted towards residency requirement. ,

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think the date when BVE was granted is the date from which you will start calculating your time period for residency requirement for citizenship.

BVE is still a visa and let you lawfully stay in Australia. Only thing is it is granted when you are unlawful in Australia. So, any time period spend before BVE will not be counted towards residency requirement. ,
You're contradicting what a registered migration agent has said about this in the post prior to yours....

Time on a Bridging Visa E doesn't count.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

**Removal of unfair statement and apology to Kulwant Kumar**

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Mania, I appreciate your polite reply. But i cannot find where it is written that BVE time period will not be counted? I have provided my reasoning that the BVE makes you lawful and for residency requirement as long as you are lawful that period is counted.

Regarding the other post that you believe is incorrect. I don't see any incorrect information there. In fact, I have dealt with exact similar situation recently.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi Mania, I appreciate your polite reply. But i cannot find where it is written that BVE time period will not be counted? I have provided my reasoning that the BVE makes you lawful and for residency requirement as long as you are lawful that period is counted.

Regarding the other post that you believe is incorrect. I don't see any incorrect information there. In fact, I have dealt with exact similar situation recently.
Perhaps it would be easier if you were to provide the legislation that shows it does count, if you can I will be more then happy to retract my statement in relation to this post.

I have replied in relation to the other post on the other post.

If you have been dealing with cases recently am I to believe you are an RMA?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.