Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been tuning up our application, the financial and social aspects specifically. I'm curious as to how (or if) anyone of you connected evidence in multiple categories without duplicating it?

I know the DIBP (DHA now?) website says not to submit the same thing twice, so we've gone through and removed duplicates of things like Government ID or passports. That's fine.

I'm looking at connecting a few pieces of evidence that are in different categories - financial and social aspects. In financial, there is a proof of purchase for hockey tickets from our joint account. That same hockey game is in our social aspects as well because we went with friends.

Now, would it be alright or make sense if I did the following under the proof of purchase "POP from hockey game on xx/xx/2017 - applicant and sponsor attended the game with "friend", as seen in social aspects."

And then in the social aspects, I have the picture of the tickets and of us at the game saying "applicant and sponsor with "friend" on xx/xx/2017 as mentioned in financial aspects. Friend also completed a stat dec, as seen in "_____".

Does that make sense? Am I putting too much into this?

Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? :D

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
You did post at 4:32am ;)

DIBP will probably be DoHA now ... we already have a DHA.

I think you may be thinking too much into it. So financial you don't really need to explain all the transactions.

We provided tickets to movies and photos to sporting events along with us there but never specifically showed the payment apart from the payment being in the credit card statement. We just provided the credit card statements and proof showing my husband was an additonal card holder.

Even with the joint purchases like dishwasher for example we just provided the tax invoice in both our names and no proof of payment specifically.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You did post at 4:32am ;)
Whoops! Slow day at work for me today. Haha.

I think you may be thinking too much into it. So financial you don't really need to explain all the transactions.

We provided tickets to movies and photos to sporting events along with us there but never specifically showed the payment apart from the payment being in the credit card statement. We just provided the credit card statements and proof showing my husband was an additonal card holder.

Even with the joint purchases like dishwasher for example we just provided the tax invoice in both our names and no proof of payment specifically.
Ah, see, I thought I was putting too much thought into it. I'm sure our eventual CO will put two and two together without me drawing them a colored treasure map haha.

The way I have it laid out right now is a screen shot of a purchase from our joint account, then the corresponding invoice or receipt with the dollar amount and date highlighted.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I didn't connect any of it in the physical evidence. I combined similar items, labeled the files appropriately so they would know what was in it, then uploaded it wherever.

I was very clear in the narrative boxes about our relationship and evidences and some things I wrote about overlapped between the boxes. That's how I connected it all then left the CO to look for the uploads. File naming is most important for this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I didn’t connect our evidences either. CO’s will read them & put it together. They have plenty of experience with that.

I did however upload my (Sponsor) Documents again as I had uploaded under my name in partners application rather than mine. I was advised by someone who works for DIBP & a couple of RMA’s to do so. But it was only a few documents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.