Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and did try to search for an answer prior to posting, please excuse me if I've missed the relevant information and I'd be happy to be directed to the relevant post.

Bottom line questions:
Are there any potential adverse consequences for withdrawing a visitor visa application?

Details:
My 87-year-old mother applied for a visitor visa, stating her intention of trying to live with me and my family (we are citizens for over 10 years) to decide whether she wanted to migrate and if so, she would want to apply from within Australia. In response, she's been asked to sign the 'No further stay' declaration, which would preclude her from applying from within Australia. I now understand that we probably should have first spoken to a migration agent.

I'm thinking that withdrawing her visitor visa application at this stage would be better than possibly getting a refusal (possibly on health grounds). Is this correct?

Thank you in advance,
Sheera

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Without know the full particulars of the case, it is not possible to offer a considered opinion about the best way to proceed.

May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

I intend to hire the services of a migration agent prior to the next application.

I was hoping that there is a general 'rule of thumb' regarding risks of withdrawing an application vs. being refused. I'm concerned about a possible refusal because one of the questions on the application form is whether one has ever been refused a visa.

My mum is extremely unlikely to come for a visit just for the sake of a visit (it is just too difficult for her) and time is running out for her to respond to the request to sign the 'No further stay' declaration, which is why in this case I asked on the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.