Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have two questions, hoping someone here might want to share their thoughts on them.

1) I'm wondering whether having a tourist visa (eVisitor 651) refused will have a negative impact on a future partner visa 820 application? Say for example the tourist visa was refused because they didn't consider me a genuine tourist (because they thought I would stay in Australia).

On the partner visa info-site it says that you might not be eligible for a partner visa if you've had a visa cancelled or refused while in Australia, so I'm trying to figure out whether it has less of an impact on a partner visa application if the refusal was for a visa lodged outside of Australia.

2) If I should get a refusal on my tourist visa 651 application, would that have any consequenses for the visa that I currently hold (a tourist visa 600) or would that still be ok to enter Australia on?

Thanks in advance, appreciate any advise!

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
No and no.

Only bad thing is the refusals need to be declared for life for many visa applications for many countries .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer ampk!

Just to be sure; you're saying "no, a refusal of a tourist visa will not have a negative impact on partner visa application" and "no, a refusal on my 651 application would not affect the status of my active tourist visa 600"?

I also forgot to add this question to the thread: does anyone know whether the eVisitor visa 651 can come with the condition "No further stay"?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Correct it wont affect a 820 or 309 application (had a few like 6 refused) and no current visa stays in force in a application is refused.

Years ago I heard one claim of a electronic visa having that condition on this forum, but it was never confirmed. My understanding and it was the ETA is that it can not be issued with that condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks ampk. So you're pretty sure that neither the eVisitor or ETA can come with the NFS condition if I understand you correct. That's what I've understood from rumours before, but I've never had it confirmed by DIBP.

Mania, thanks for you reply. I was thinking that the reason of not being a genuine tourist might not have a negative effect on a partner visa application, as this would actually mean you acknowledge that you need a more substantial visa for your purpose? But that's just me speculating.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
As I said only ever one claim that it was imposed, not verified and not within the grant of a condition that can be imposed.

If you get a ETA and I assume the eVisitor (but you must confirm, they are basically the same) you can bet left testy you will not have that condition.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
" Say for example the tourist visa was refused because they didn't consider me a genuine tourist (because they thought I would stay in Australia). "

If this is the only example that you are worried about then no it's not a major issue.

ETA's don't get NFS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.