Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So my partner and I applied for the 820 visa in January, he moved to bridging visa A and are now moving away. Our application hadn't even been looked at. Its awful to forfeit the $7000 application fee and the rest but there is no other option for us.

Unfortunately, when trying to withdraw the visa my partner accidentally clicked the wrong button and deleted his application from his immiaccount thinking this was how to withdraw it. We had uploaded a short letter stating that he was leaving and wished to withdraw his visa application before this.

After he deleted the application we found an official withdrawal document to be filled out. Now we have no way to upload the formal withdrawal document. It states it can be uploaded to the immiaccount application or sent via mail or email but we have no addresses to send it to and cannot find any. He has already left the country but we still haven't been able to submit this withdrawal document.

We also tried "importing" his application again into the immiaccount but it is not possible for this type of application.

Does anybody know how we can submit this withdrawal document? Anyone have an address we can send it to? Ive tried calling numerous times but I seem to be waiting hours and never get through!

Additionally, does anyone know if a refund can be granted for applications that have not yet begun processing?

Please help. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
"In most cases, visa application fees can not be refunded, even if you withdraw your application, or your visa is refused."

Have no idea how you'll sort out the deletion but you can mail the withdrawal form. There should be an address in the footnote of the Acknowledgement of Application Received PDF that would have been emailed to the applicant. I would probably send it there.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...g/Pages/820/withdrawing-your-application.aspx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.