Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for my mom for a contributory parent visa preferably the aged category as she is over 65 and I would prefer to finalise the process quicker under the aged cat. She is currently in Aus on a 600 visitor visa and I want to apply now but unfortunately she has the "No Further Stay" on her current visa (It's a 5 year visa).

I'm a bit confused as to how proceed, the immigration website says that the aged contriburory parent visa should be applied onshore, but the "no further stay" condition doesnt let me to apply while she's onshore. I have also emailed the immigration to waive the "no further stay condition" to be able to apply for 864 or 884 but they sent me a refusal explaining that my reasons are not compassionate and compelling. Is there anyyyy way to get around this? If all 600 visas have the "no further stay" condition then who can apply for 884 onshore???

I really appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143) - you can be in or outside Australia when you apply for this visa.

The contributory parent category comprises:

For elderly applicants applying in Australia:
Contributory Aged Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 864)
Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884)

For other applicants outside of Australia and in Australia if their visa allows them to lodge another application:
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143)
Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173).

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for my mom for a contributory parent visa preferably the aged category as she is over 65 and I would prefer to finalise the process quicker under the aged cat. She is currently in Aus on a 600 visitor visa and I want to apply now but unfortunately she has the "No Further Stay" on her current visa (It's a 5 year visa).

I'm a bit confused as to how proceed, the immigration website says that the aged contriburory parent visa should be applied onshore, but the "no further stay" condition doesnt let me to apply while she's onshore. I have also emailed the immigration to waive the "no further stay condition" to be able to apply for 864 or 884 but they sent me a refusal explaining that my reasons are not compassionate and compelling. Is there anyyyy way to get around this? If all 600 visas have the "no further stay" condition then who can apply for 884 onshore???

I really appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Sam
The solution is to apply for a sc. 143 offshore. Your mother can visit Australia once the application has been lodged. Not all tourist visas come with "no further stay".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but then the 143 visa takes about 3 years while the 886 aged visa takes about a year. Is there any way to get around the "No further stay" condition?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Can she travel to and from Austrslia after we lodge for 143 until the visa is granted?
You wont get rid of the NFS condition.

If it is and I am sure it is - a multi entry 600 visa, then yes go offshore and apply for 143 visa - then return on the Visitor Visa she currently holds.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
but then the 143 visa takes about 3 years while the 886 aged visa takes about a year. Is there any way to get around the "No further stay" condition?
The NFS condition is there expressly to stop you from doing what you are intending to do, so unless there are some seriously compelling circumstances, there is no way around it. There really are no loopholes , if that's what you are hoping for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My mom's current 600 visa has the "No further stay" condition and expires on 22nd June2018 and she's currently in australia. If she goes back home in March can I apply for the 173 visa in march while her previous 600 visa is valid? If yes, how long for a 173 visa takes to be granted? and after the grant of 173 visa can she travel to and from Australia with 173? or does she need to get a 600 again?

I seriously need moms help here as my second child would be born by then and I need to get back to work.

I sincerely appreciate your input.

Cheers,
Sam

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
My mom's current 600 visa has the "No further stay" condition and expires on 22nd June2018 and she's currently in australia. If she goes back home in March can I apply for the 173 visa in march while her previous 600 visa is valid? If yes, how long for a 173 visa takes to be granted? and after the grant of 173 visa can she travel to and from Australia with 173? or does she need to get a 600 again?

I seriously need moms help here as my second child would be born by then and I need to get back to work.

Cheers,
Sam
I can't tell you how long it will take to be granted a sc. 173, but I doubt it would be less than 12 months.

Once granted she can travel on at the sc.173 visa. In the interim she can apply for another tourist visa. Note that parents on tourist visas can generally not spend more than 12 months in Australia in any 18 month period.

Note also that the criteria of the sc. 173 visa are about the circumstances of the parent, not about the needs and circumstances of the sponsoring child.Your particular situation is unlikely to be accepted as a reason for priority processing.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts

Cheers,
Sam
Although I can't speak for DIBP, I assume needing free childcare isn't what they would consider compelling and compassionate reasons to waive the NFS condition. Her's sounds like a standard situation where she can apply for a contributory parent visa and having an application in process may be sufficient reason for DIBP to continue granting her visitor visas. They may however impose condition 8558 which limits her to 12 month stays within any 18 month period, but you can hope that they don't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.