Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new here. My name is Tri.

I am applying for my mother to migrate to Sydney from Vietnam under Contributory Parent Visa (143).

My brother is 22 years (born April 1994) of age and will be migrating with her as a dependent child. He is still not married, unemployed, no income and at school/college studying full time and is entirely financially dependent on my mother.

My father is a retiree and can only support himself. He is not migrating as this point because there is not enough money for both of them. He intends to join my mother and us later when he can.

Will my brother have to pay the 2nd installment of 45K like my mother?
What evidence will he need to provide to prove that he is dependant on my mother? (can they use bank statement, transfer records, receipts ...?)
Can my dad later apply as a remaining relative when my mother and brother migrate here?

Thank so much for your help!

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
AFAIK, the second fee for your brother is also $43,600 as he is over 18.

Your mother can sponsor your father for a partner visa 5 years after her 143 is granted. The published wait time for a remaining relative visa (assuming he would meet the criteria) is 50 years so it's not a path I'd suggest for anyone.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Additional applicant over 18 : first instalment $ 1245.00, second instalment $ 43,600.00.

Apart from the impossibly long processing time, your father would not qualify for the remaining relative visa anyway (You can sponsor a family member for a remaining relative visa if you are their near relative. This means you are their brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or parent), so a partner visa down the track will be his best option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very helpful!

AFAIK, the second fee for your brother is also $43,600 as he is over 18.

Your mother can sponsor your father for a partner visa 5 years after her 143 is granted. The published wait time for a remaining relative visa (assuming he would meet the criteria) is 50 years so it's not a path I'd suggest for anyone.
very helpful, thank you maggie!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great help!

Additional applicant over 18 : first instalment $ 1245.00, second instalment $ 43,600.00.

Apart from the impossibly long processing time, your father would not qualify for the remaining relative visa anyway (You can sponsor a family member for a remaining relative visa if you are their near relative. This means you are their brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or parent), so a partner visa down the track will be his best option.
very helpful, thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im completing form 40 Sponsorship for migration to Australia
im sponsoring my mother and brother (aged 22 and migrating as a dependent child to my mother)

in question 1 How many people are you sponsoring in this application?

should i put 1 adult and 1 children
or 2 adults

thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.