Australia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am preparing to lodge the contributory parent visa subclass 143 for my parents and would like to ask for your advice.

1. Unfortunately, I do not earn enough to be the sponsor however my husband is eligible for being the sponsor.
In this case for form 40, do I tick the box childs guardian or relative1- and write spouse? OR do I still tick child but indicate on the form where it indicates to tick dependent on spouse wage? Sorry if this is a silly question

2. What other visas are available other than travel visa for parents to enter into australia after applying for the subclass 143 visa?

Thank you so much !

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I am preparing to lodge the contributory parent visa subclass 143 for my parents and would like to ask for your advice.

1. Unfortunately, I do not earn enough to be the sponsor however my husband is eligible for being the sponsor.
In this case for form 40, do I tick the box childs guardian or relative1- and write spouse? OR do I still tick child but indicate on the form where it indicates to tick dependent on spouse wage? Sorry if this is a silly question

2. What other visas are available other than travel visa for parents to enter into australia after applying for the subclass 143 visa?

Thank you so much !
Hi I just wanted to ask if you are aware that the family visa 143 will take 10-12 years currently to process, please take professional advice on a bridging visa if you apply for the family visa 143 as not many people are aware of the long timeframe. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thought wait times are around 5 years for 143?
Anyway starting to fill in the forms this weekend and wanted a clarification for Questions "Date of your arrival in Australia" and "Date of your permanent residence (if different from date of arrival".

Does "Date of your arrival in Australia" mean when you first landed in Australia after I got my PR or when you first arrived to settle for good here. Two different dates for me.

Does "Date of your permanent residence (if different from date of arrival)" mean when did you settle here for good or when did you obtain your PR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyway starting to fill in the forms this weekend and wanted a clarification for Questions "Date of your arrival in Australia" and "Date of your permanent residence (if different from date of arrival".

Does "Date of your arrival in Australia" mean when you first landed in Australia after I got my PR or when you first arrived to settle for good here. Two different dates for me.

Does "Date of your permanent residence (if different from date of arrival)" mean when did you settle here for good or when did you obtain your PR.
I think date of arrival would be the first time you started residing here (whether it's on a PR visa or not) and PR date was when your PR was granted. You only need to answer the latter if you didn't arrive here on a PR visa.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
They currently say "We estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take at least 64 months to be released for final processing."

One question might be, how long does final processing take.?

In 2018 processing time was 3 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think date of arrival would be the first time you started residing here (whether it's on a PR visa or not) and PR date was when your PR was granted. You only need to answer the latter if you didn't arrive here on a PR visa.
thanks for that.
if I may, I have another query for Family Unit members, do we have to mention deceased members, I have a sibling who passed away long time ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They currently say "We estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take at least 64 months to be released for final processing."

One question might be, how long does final processing take.?

In 2018 processing time was 3 years.
Oh, that's fair. That's probably right then, it might take close to 10 years. Oof...

thanks for that.
if I may, I have another query for Family Unit members, do we have to mention deceased members, I have a sibling who passed away long time ago.
I cannot remember, but there might be an option to specify if someone was deceased.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I just wanted to ask if you are aware that the family visa 143 will take 10-12 years currently to process, please take professional advice on a bridging visa if you apply for the family visa 143 as not many people are aware of the long timeframe. Hope this helps.
Hi just thought I give you more info if it helps on 143 visa: they only issuing 3,600 a year currently ( reduced from over 7,000 per year some years ago) they are over 50,000 in the queue, so unfortunately time scales now are expecting to be closer to 15 years from start to finish, it’s important to take the right advise if your parents are going to be on a bridging visa ( which I have little knowledge of) I believe in October the powers to be are discussing this to see how the backlog can be dealt with, however I believe it might not come up with any quick solutions anytime soon.

regards
Aaron

·
Registered
6 Posts
my dad is 90, my mum 84: does not make sense at all then to apply for Visa 143 now? what are best options to get them here?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
If you go to my website pinoyau.com and use the contact form I shall have a look at your case.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my dad is 90, my mum 84: does not make sense at all then to apply for Visa 143 now? what are best options to get them here?
Hi …

No your probably right, professional advice from a visa expert on a visiting visa could be the best option maybe as the same time as the 143 as I understand a bridging visa can be applied for. Good luck and I hope you get to spend so time together, we applied for our 143 in September 2016 as to be with with my two sons and grandchildren, we are expecting to have our visa in 12-15 months time, however one of my sons who is living with us in the uk will be 23 in 19 months and will be excluded from the visa when he’s 23 if it’s not been issued all out our lives have been on hold for 5 years, when we applied we where told up to 2 years to be processed, I do really feel for anyone now how is applying for 143 now as the processing times are still now being given and families are getting to know many years later, it’s sole destroying.

regards
Aaron

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I'll throw the dice and go for the 143 visa.
Already filled in most of the forms, just one question concerning Form 47PA, Question 57: Family Unit: do we have to include deceased family unit members?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think I'll throw the dice and go for the 143 visa.
Already filled in most of the forms, just one question concerning Form 47PA, Question 57: Family Unit: do we have to include deceased family unit members?
Good look, this is way out of what I knowledge of, but I’m sure someone can give you the correct info.
Regards
Aaron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts