Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am new member here. I am currently in Australia on visitor visa 600 which is valid for 3 years (can stay for 12 months each time) and has 8503- No Further Stay condition. I understand I can apply for Contributory parent 143 visa from within Australia but read somewhere that applications are rejected if current visa have no further stay condition. Can you please guide me with this? I am ready with all the documentation and keen to apply for 143 asap.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!!

Regards

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Since the 143 doesn't come with any bridging visa, I thought it was possible to apply for regardless of any NFS condition although I'm not 100% sure on this.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Since the 143 doesn't come with any bridging visa, I thought it was possible to apply for regardless of any NFS condition although I'm not 100% sure on this.
8503 - No further stay

While you are in Australia, you are unable to make a valid visa application for any new substantive visa other than a protection visa.

Reactions: Maggie-May24

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8503 - No further stay

While you are in Australia, you are unable to make a valid visa application for any new substantive visa other than a protection visa.
Thank you very much @CCMS.
Does this means that I can apply for contributory parent 143 after going out of Australia, even if my tourist visa 600 is valid(not ended) with No Further stay condition?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Thank you very much @CCMS.
Does this means that I can apply for contributory parent 143 after going out of Australia, even if my tourist visa 600 is valid(not ended) with No Further stay condition?

Thanks in advance!!!
8503 applies " while you are in Australia", so you can go offshore and lodge the application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.