Australia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,
I am from India and i want to live in Australia. I came here for study. Anyone help me about the living expenses in Melbourne. Also, tell me about the affordable residence areas in Melbourne. Currently i am staying here in a hotel. Please tell me all the expenses for a single person including room rent, food, transport.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How long is a piece of string. That is very subjective question.

You can look up myki fares (public transport), you will be able to find info regarding car costs and registration, car insurance etc online

You can look up rentals & house prices on realestate.com.au

As for cheap suburbs, It all depends upon where you work or study, your transport needs etc as to what suburbs are best to look at. Melbourne is a big city.

As for food, if you are already here you should be getting an idea of food costs

·
Registered
27 Posts
In terms of food we usually spend 500$ for 2 people a month. But this is Covid-2019 money, we didn't go out at all. You can buy food at aldi and maybe coles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Living expenses are quite high here so you'll need to come up with crafty ways to save money. Coles brand is generally pretty good and cheap and so is ALDI for general shops. Markets are generally pretty good for fruit and vegetables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts