Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I thought maybe we could have a thread listing the costs of medicals as a reference for future applications as I know the price can vary from country to country and doctor to doctor. Maybe also list how long you had to wait for an appointment so people know how far in advance they should be booking.

To get the ball rolling I was quoted:

280TL (~AU$155 with current exchange rate) for medical examination and chest x-ray for one adult at The American Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey. Wait times are about 5-10 days.

What about everyone else?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It was $300 in Melbourne for the medical+xray. (at Medibank).

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the UK mine cost around 350AUD but they vary from provider to provider, most tell you on their websites.

It took me just over a week to get an appointment but I needed one in the afternoon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have any experience or know what the costs are in Australia for someone who doesn't have private health insurance/is on a tourist visa (ie no medicare etc)?

Also.. if you are applying onshore, do you have to have the checks done in Australia? Would it be possible to have them done in home country but not lodge the application until you are onshore in Australia? I'm just trying to decide whether to apply onshore or offshore and adding up the costs!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone have any experience or know what the costs are in Australia for someone who doesn't have private health insurance/is on a tourist visa (ie no medicare etc)?

Also.. if you are applying onshore, do you have to have the checks done in Australia? Would it be possible to have them done in home country but not lodge the application until you are onshore in Australia? I'm just trying to decide whether to apply onshore or offshore and adding up the costs!
im interested in this also!!!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.