Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Costing!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Laegil 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I am just beginning the process of preparing to migrate to Australia (Melbourne) and am trying to cost the necessities in order to create a working timeline for my saving budget.

If anyone knows the most cost effective way to take care of the multiple aspects of completing the requirements for a prospective marriage application, it would be a much appreciated share.

There are years of experience in this forum just from reading for a few days, and it puts me at ease.

I don't really expect costing for the medical exams and other such things that are more locally priced, but a push in the best direction for the actual visa process costs would be nice.

#2 ·
Hi Nikks -

Health and police reports are locally costed in your country. A special note if you're USA based as your flag indicates - the FBI report necessary can take 8-10 weeks, plan ahead!

Other than that, the DIAC application fee is now A$2,680. Other than that there would not be any other hard costs typically, just a lot of work putting together all the relationship evidence, getting statements and filling out the forms (always fun).

As with any legal process, some people engage a professional (in Australia, a Registered Migration Agent) to assist them with the process - agent fees for this type of visa application vary from $1500 to $3500 typically (we charge $1,990). The primary benefit of an agent is their experience and knowledge of current migration law, regulations and policy, completing all the forms and lodging the application on your behalf, going over all your relationship evidence and statements and offering suggestions of how to strengthen them as necessary, and dealing with DIAC (Australian immigration) on your behalf. The need for an agent is usually related to your application - if you have a simple application and easily meet all the requirements without any "unusual" aspects to your case, you may want to consider doing it yourself and many people do successfully (read about them here every day!). If your case is somewhat unusual or complicated, you may be better served with professional assistance as you deem necessary.

Hope this helps, and I believe you'll find many helpful folks here on the forum.

Best,

Mark Northam

#4 ·
Just to add to Kttykats ours was done in Nth Cali and was $400-$500 not sure really now was sooooooooo long ago.

#6 ·
This is all so awesome and amazing. :)

Does anyone also have advice on when plane tickets might be cheapest during the year? I plan to be saving for at least 6 to 8 more months before the application process begins so I can be sure of my costing and have plenty of leeway.

I'm also curious about my ability to get an apprenticeship for culinary in Melbourne or somewhere close to box hill, but I should probably just post in more detail in the education forum on that point.

#7 ·
Plane tickets are usually cheapest in the off-season. So if you plan to go to Melbourne, they should be cheapest in winter, meaning June/July/August/September. It's the other way round for the north of Australia, where the summer months should be cheapest.

You could have a look at Skyscanner, they give you the option to look at the cheapest prices in a whole month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.