Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

Looking for some advice on our situation !

I have 2 questions.

Please bear with me – I have tried to make this as clear & concise as possible

My partner (future 309 applicant) is Ukranian, studying in Poland. We have been living together De Facto since 31/5/15. We have applied for a NSW relationship registration which we expect to come through by Jan 2016.

Ukranian Visas are processed in London, Polish in Berlin.

My partners student visa in Poland expires 2/9/16. We contacted the embassy and they advised us to apply online, which will automatically assign a case officer in Berlin, as our current ‘place of residence’ is Poland and to attach a letter explaining our residency situation.

However were considering applying through London as my partner is ‘usually resident’ in Ukraine. By the time we apply, she could well be back in the Ukraine with a 4-5 months after the application.

I am afraid of creating a situation where my case may be ‘sent’ to the London embassy, or vice versa creating longer processing times. There is also the question of which embassy processes applications faster.

Any opinions or advice on this is much appreciated !

I have another question,

My partner applied in 2013 for a US working holiday visa. She had an employer lined up but failed the interview with the reason something like “suspected not genuine”. There was no real reason for this.

Anyway, as both Poland and Ukraine are high risk (I think), we will need to fill out a Form 80, which asks about refused Visa applications and reasons why. This is concerning and I don’t know what to write. If we admit the US visa refusal, we can be honest because we really have nothing to hide. But maybe there is some policy regarding refused visa’s to other countries? Or maybe it will look bad to the CO?

It would be so easy just to leave this part of the form blank, but if there is any database where it can be checked we could be caught out. I am more inclined to just be honest, or at least put “poor English” as the reason for refusal, which was commonly used to refuse visas at that time.

My partner had this idea of applying again for a tourist visa just to ‘clear her name’ from any such database. This seems like a round about way of doing it, and runs the risk of being refused a second time.

Any ideas?

ANY advice or help would be so much appreciated 

:)

Matthew & Valery

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I can't answer your first question, but the second question is yes, she should declare the refused visa and she should be honest about why. It shouldn't be an issue since the purpose of a WHV and a partner visa are quite different. It would be a much bigger issue if she didn't declare it and then was questioned about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is possible. In NSW the law requires that you 'are usually resident' in Australia, which I am for all intents and purposes and have the evidence to prove so.

Looking forward to any advice anyone has regarding my questions :)

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I am surprised you can register your relationship in NSW when you aren't even living there?
Also in QLD only one partner needs to live here.

Rules for registering a relationship
To register a relationship you must:
have at least 1 person in the relationship living in Queensland

It seems weird to me how a relationship can be registered without even living together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.