Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently writing up my cover letter for my onshore defacto visa application, as I have more detail that is required in regards to the question that asks for a list of the countries that you have visited within the past 10 years.

I was just wondering, as there is a question in Form 80 that asks exactly the same thing as a question in Form 47SP, am I able to just state 'refer back to my application cover letter' in the Form 80, or should I write a separate cover letter just for Form 80 explaining the same thing?

Also, is it best to get the cover letter witnessed?

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi there,

I would put that further information in the section at the back of the application form that is reserved for extra information, part J. And in the relevant question, you can write "see part j".

You should always answer each part in full, even if you have to repeat the same thing. I think that is actually a measure to see if the information you give is consistent, so just write it all out again.

The cover letter is jus a brief statement of who you are, what visa you are applying for and any information that you think needs to be given attention or explained. However, your extra travel is a minor thing in my view, so you needn't put it in the cover as there is space in the application form for that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.