Australia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
May I know what are the vaccines recognised and approved by Australian government for those foreigners who will travel to Australia so that I don't have to be at the quarantine facility but just do self-isolation in my partner's place for 14 days. Feel free to give me any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pretty sure you still need to do quarantine regardless if you're vaccinated or not. Might change in the future. At home quarantine is just starting as a trial thing for selected individuals.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi!
May I know what are the vaccines recognised and approved by Australian government for those foreigners who will travel to Australia so that I don't have to be at the quarantine facility but just do self-isolation in my partner's place for 14 days. Feel free to give me any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
This is not possible at the moment. Any arrival to Australia needs to quarantine in a hotel (which you will be assigned on arrival but will have to pay for yourself) for 14 days irrespective of vaccination status, and given the current situation this is unlikely to change any time soon imo. Unless you are a Hollywood celebrity it seems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting a vaccine prevents you from dying or severe consequences in case you catch a virus, it does NOT prevent you from getting and spreading it !!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Getting a vaccine prevents you from dying or severe consequences in case you catch a virus, it does NOT prevent you from getting and spreading it !!
I think that many people consider that the vaccine stops the virus.

The vaccine main effect is to massively reduce any symptoms of the vaccinated person.

But, as you say, a vaccinated person can still spread the virus, even though they might have no symptoms.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear all,

Thank you for your advice and suggestions! I appreciate it! Now I know what to do 😊 Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Hi!
The current testing for self isolation, instead of hotel quarantine, is requiring the 2 doses of vaccine to be administered in Australia.

Consequently it may only apply to those leaving Australia and then returning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks JandE! I was thinking between pfizer and janssen before so now I know I prefer pfizer after what you said. That's a big help! Thanks a lot for your advice! 😊

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
a vaccinated person can still spread the virus, even though they might have no symptoms.
An example of this in Australia yesterday.

19th July 2021. A Queensland resident returned from Melbourne on the 13th and tested positive to COVID in Queensland on the 18th. She has had both Pfizer vaccinations.
She was wearing a mask, so the risk of her spreading the virus is low.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, that's true. I understand though that getting vaccinated will not prevent you from getting the virus but I think it helps from getting serious complications or spreading it provided we follow social distancing and wearing a mask.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts