Australia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

What impact do you think the coronavirus will have on GSM Applications. Some forums suggest it may actually quicken the process as other visas may be on hold. Some suggest we are going to be waiting a very long time. I lodged my 189 visa (New Zealand Stream) on the 06/12/2019 however, added my wife and son who are currently still in Indonesia. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Immigration department has pretty much given up on Family Sponsored Visitor Visas.

Look @ this joke:

Processing times
75% of applications: 62 days
90% of applications: 75 days

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
2,108 Posts
Said the man from a priviledged position with no understanding of the stress families go through caused by the distance and foeful waiting times.
Do you realise that "W Russell" is a well respected Registered Migration Agent" who freely offers members of this group advice at no charge.
To say he has no understanding of the stress his clients go through is insulting to him and displays gross ignorance on your part.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Immigration department has pretty much given up on Family Sponsored Visitor Visas.

Look @ this joke:

Processing times
75% of applications: 62 days
90% of applications: 75 days

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
A Family sponsored visa granted in 7 days, would be included in that 75% done in 62 days or less.

Some do take longer, with 25% in January taking 62 days or more, and 10% taking over 75 days.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
The government has solved the problem:

Effective from 9pm Friday 20 March, Australia will refuse entry to all temporary residents other than those who meet the exemptions:.

New Zealand citizens resident in Australia
The immediate family members of Australian citizens and permanent residents (spouse/partner, children, and legal guardians).
All those who are still eligible to Australia will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.

Temporary visa holders who do not meet one of the exemptions above will have their visa cancelled. Arrangements will be made to reinstate visas as appropriate following the lifting of these enhanced border control measures.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
It is not impossible, but not likely that THE department will grant a visa that they will then cancel and this could be very bad luck for people on time limited temporary visa who have travelled offshore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know I’m sorry for my previous comment but this is a very very stressful situation. I have a wife, who is currently pregnant, and a son in Indonesia who’s health system, if you can barely call it that, is horrendous. I’m worried should they contract the virus what harm could come to them and now I can’t even get to go see them. I understand this sucks for everyone I’m just hoping for a miracle there’s some way I can get them here.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Effective from 9pm Friday 20 March, Australia will refuse entry to all temporary residents other than those who meet the exemptions:.

The immediate family members of Australian citizens and permanent residents (spouse/partner, children, and legal guardians).
All those who are still eligible to Australia will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.

Temporary visa holders who do not meet one of the exemptions above will have their visa cancelled. Arrangements will be made to reinstate visas as appropriate following the lifting of these enhanced border control measures.
Thank you for this information.

Can I ask if you think my fiancé who received his PMV would meet the criteria? Is partner only defined as spouse? His country borders are closed too, so he may not be able to get out anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts

This is so helpful, thank you. I am NZ citizen normally resident in Australia on SCV. Do you know if this applies to my husband (on temp visa)? Can he enter with me?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am waiting for my Singapore COC to arrive. Singpost website says it's been dispatched since March 4, 2020. But I haven't received until now. Just called Australia Post that the flight for that mail was canceled

I think my deadline has been overdue. I forwarded the link from Singpost regarding the delayed shipping to Australia and the tracking page to my agent

https://www.singpost.com/send-receive/service-announcements?page=2

I will send an email to SPF if they could scan and send my COC by email

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mate, the SPF won't do that for you. I have tried asking for that previously before the COVID-19 situation, because it takes a while for them to mail - but they said no.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mate, the SPF won't do that for you. I have tried asking for that previously before the COVID-19 situation, because it takes a while for them to mail - but they said no.
I have suspected they would say no. I got their written reply. I have forwarded their reply to my agent as a prove to immigration that I did something to obtain my COC.

I contacted Singpost, they said it's been dispatched to Australia. But Auspost said they don't have it. Was contemplating to get a duplicate, but very likely it will be tangled somewhere too. So at the moment, I keep waiting while sending inquiries to Singpost and Auspost to know my mail whereabouts.

UPDATE with COVID-19:

My COC just arrived tonight after 1.5 months of uncertainty. The post offices on both countries experience considerable amount of delay due to the pandemic. My dateline was overdue. I updated DBIP through my agent regarding my efforts to know the whereabouts of my mail

Hope this information is useful

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys, I am an Australian citizen and my husband has applied for the partner 309 visa last year. He's finally made it to 'final assessment' stage this early February, but then COVID-19 hit and it's obviously been stalled. So at the end of the same month, we applied through the 600 visitor stream in hopes that it would allow him a visa to enter Australia, since I was planning on having our baby there at the end of May.

Now fastforward to mid-March with all the changes and whatnot, none of the above two visas have made any further progress together with the complete cancellation of our flights, we've decided that it's probably best for us to stay where we are and forget about having our baby in Australia.

My question is that say, after the lockdown (be that 3 months, 6 months, or even until 2021), would they still grant his 600? And if they do grant it at the same time as the 309 and we travel to Australia then, which visa would he be traveling on? If he has the choice to choose, would traveling on 600 automatically invalidate the 309, or he must travel on 309 if it's issued (making 600 void at that point)?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts