Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have just paid for my application and I'm now on to the Document upload section my questions are:

1. There is a separate tab already for my sponsors 'upload documents' but he has not done his sponsor application yet, Do i ignore this and upload all his documents on his application instead?

2. All my evidence does not fit in to the 'recommended' category, Is there another list somewhere as I can't see it?

3. My 'History of Relationship statement was 6MB, So I need to make it 5MB which means deleting a lot of information from it, Is there anything else I could do instead?

Thaks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
1. It shouldn't matter. If it lets you do it now, do it now under his.

2. Label the file clearly and put it under the most appropriate category. It doesn't have to be a perfect match, as long as the information is uploaded, they have access to it. There used to be a way to get every option but that seems to have disappeared with the recent update. You can go to the bottom of the page to the "Add documents" button, clicl that and it should give you the option for "other" category.

3. How long is this statement??

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. It shouldn't matter. If it lets you do it now, do it now under his.

2. Label the file clearly and put it under the most appropriate category. It doesn't have to be a perfect match, as long as the information is uploaded, they have access to it. There used to be a way to get every option but that seems to have disappeared with the recent update. You can go to the bottom of the page to the "Add documents" button, clicl that and it should give you the option for "other" category.

3. How long is this statement??
1.It lets me do it now, but then what do I do about the sponsor application? Still do that as normal but not upload any documents?

2. Thank you, I am worried in case my evidence is not matching the correct category, hopefully it will be okay. I'm struggling with what to actually upload under "Evidence of De-facto relationship?"

3. My statement is 4 pages long, but it is 6MB. I may need to cut some of it out although it is all relevant info :(

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
He completes the app online and it shouldn't affect the upload section. If it does, just upload it again after but it shouldn't be an issue.

It states on the DIBP website that it doesn't really matter and just to put it under the most relevant category. I wouldn't even worry about the evidence of relationship category if you've supplied evidence of your relationship under other relevant categories (e.g., financial).

Not sure how it's 6 MB then. Did you use Word and save as a pdf? It should only be a few KB if it's only 4 pages of text.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He completes the app online and it shouldn't affect the upload section. If it does, just upload it again after but it shouldn't be an issue.

It states on the DIBP website that it doesn't really matter and just to put it under the most relevant category. I wouldn't even worry about the evidence of relationship category if you've supplied evidence of your relationship under other relevant categories (e.g., financial).

Not sure how it's 6 MB then. Did you use Word and save as a pdf? It should only be a few KB if it's only 4 pages of text.
I've just looked, I typed it up on word and it was 23.8KB.. I printed it off, signed it and scanned it through as a PDF and its now 6MB..
I have no idea how that happened when being transferred as a PDF?

I can upload it as a word document without it being signed (don't really want to do that, would rather it be signed and dated)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You don't need to sign it, they know it's you from your application. Just save original Word doc as a pdf and upload that, not a scan of it.

Or if you really want to sign, adjust your scan settings.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Or, save a copy of your signature to your computer and add it as a photo to the bottom of your Word doc then save as pdf.

So scan your signature (or just open your current statement with signature in Paint, select the signature and cut/copy paste into a new Paint, edit borders to fit the signature and save it). Then add the photo to word and adjust size appropriately.

I did the latter option for my husband's cover letter for his resumé and the file as a pdf only came out to 23 KB.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or, save a copy of your signature to your computer and add it as a photo to the bottom of your Word doc then save as pdf.

So scan your signature (or just open your current statement with signature in Paint, select the signature and cut/copy paste into a new Paint, edit borders to fit the signature and save it). Then add the photo to word and adjust size appropriately.

I did the latter option for my husband's cover letter for his resumé and the file as a pdf only came out to 23 KB.
Good idea, Thank you so much! I just added the photo of my signature.. I did get that statement signed by a JP BUT didn't want to take the risk of adding a photo of the signature of the qualified person so I just left it with my signature.

I know it doesn't matter too much but what section could I upload my history statement under?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.