Australia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Starting this thread for people who are waiting for visa / nomination approval applied in July 2018 or after that !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi submmit my application lastmonth 15 till
Now i havent received any update of my application im i dont have any update of my application and the worst is my travel date is passed so im worried about the result

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi submmit my application lastmonth 15 till
Now i havent received any update of my application im i dont have any update of my application and the worst is my travel date is passed so im worried about the result
Hopefully you will get it soon. As you are near to meeting the current processing timeframe.
Your should have the outcome in a week or so!!

My employer applied on 30th July for nomination and sponsorship. Still no response.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The nomination was applied on 1st August and the visa application was submitted on 2nd August.

I have completed and submitted all the relevant documents (PCC and Health Check-Up) before submitting the application.

Day # 26, still no update.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The nomination was applied on 1st August and the visa application was submitted on 2nd August.

I have completed and submitted all the relevant documents (PCC and Health Check-Up) before submitting the application.

Day # 26, still no update.
My employer applied for nomination on 1st August as well. Please keep it touch and share if you recivee any Request or approval !

Whats your Occupation btw ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I've been reading these threads for a few weeks now. My VISA was submitted through an agent on the 2nd August. My new employer has done taken over sponsorship from previous 457 a number of times with out issues. We were told it should take a week based on previous experiences, three weeks later there has been no response from the Dept of Immigration, so last week my employer had asked for a priority processes. My Agent has been helpful, but said that they are not even getting responses from the Dept - so we have no idea. What makes it worse is that they say some are coming back in 3-4 days, other almost identical applications are still outstanding! I am fearing that this is going to take a lot longer that we anticipated

·
Registered
17 Posts
My employer applied for nomination on 1st August as well. Please keep it touch and share if you recivee any Request or approval !

Whats your Occupation btw ?
Have you applied for the visa? Or are you awaiting nomination approval? I think both these tasks can happen together.

My occupation will be CONSULTANT.

What will be yours?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you applied for the visa? Or are you awaiting nomination approval? I think both these tasks can happen together.

My occupation will be CONSULTANT.

What will be yours?
I have not applied for visa ! I am onshore already so will only apply when the nomination is approved as currently waiting for Approval !!
I am currently with the employer who sponsored me for the position. Occupation is Developer Programmer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, I've been reading these threads for a few weeks now. My VISA was submitted through an agent on the 2nd August. My new employer has done taken over sponsorship from previous 457 a number of times with out issues. We were told it should take a week based on previous experiences, three weeks later there has been no response from the Dept of Immigration, so last week my employer had asked for a priority processes. My Agent has been helpful, but said that they are not even getting responses from the Dept - so we have no idea. What makes it worse is that they say some are coming back in 3-4 days, other almost identical applications are still outstanding! I am fearing that this is going to take a lot longer that we anticipated
Normal processing time is 8 weeks. So yeah hopefully you should have a response soon i am guessing. It your employer requested priority processing then you should have a response soon. Good luck :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sponsorship (non-accredited) + Nomination + Visa lodged in 23 July
Now is the Day #37, no any responses or updates

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope so, but we have no idea - I was told initially it would be very quick, but it has just got longer and longer, and my agent has no idea if their request for priority has been accepted or where we are in the process. It is extremely frustrating as I do have a job waiting for me, dependent on visa. It seems like my agent is reputable and been around for a while, but they are saying that they are simply not hearing anything back from the department.

Does anyone have an idea how quick the "priority processing" takes?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope so, but we have no idea - I was told initially it would be very quick, but it has just got longer and longer, and my agent has no idea if their request for priority has been accepted or where we are in the process. It is extremely frustrating as I do have a job waiting for me, dependent on visa. It seems like my agent is reputable and been around for a while, but they are saying that they are simply not hearing anything back from the department.

Does anyone have an idea how quick the "priority processing" takes?

Thanks
Its totally on discretion of departments whether they want to prioritise you application or not. It wont make a difference even if you a request for it!! so yeah it totally depends on them. if they feel necessary they will expedite the application otherwise it will processed normally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Long wait

Hello all,
I lodged my application through an agent on the 1st of June. RFI received on 17th July and responded on the same day and the status has been Further assessment since then. Currently on day 90 and counting as of 08/29/18. My application is for 3 of us myself, wife and kid. We hold a Passport from India but currently in USA since 5 years and applied from USA. Very frustrated due to the long wait and kind of worried now.

Anyone else sailing in the same boat as me?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Visa granted!!!
Lodged Sponsorship (standard) + Nomination (Software Engineer) + Visas (Mid-term, me and my wife) in 23 July.
The status has always been Received, but today turns Finalised unexpectedly!!!
No RFI, no further assessment!!!

Today is Day #38!!! I am going to Melbourne!!!

Good luck to all of you!!! Thank you all here for waiting and counting days with me everyday!!!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts