Australia Forum banner
681 - 700 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am applying for TSS 482 visa. I got a job as a postdoctoral fellow in a university. I want to know if PhD studies can be used as experience towards the 2 year experience requirement. I was paid a yearly stipend of 28000AUD and was expected to work on my research for 35hr/week. I completed PhD from an Australian University. The skilled occupation chosen by the employer is software engineer.

I am really worried about this situation as I do not have much significant job experience. On the DOHA website it does say the following:
Other ways you may be able to demonstrate your work experience could include where you have gained your experience:

-as part of a Masters and/or PhD - for relevant occupations, such as medical and research occupations

I want to know if anyone has been in a similar situation. I am applying under medium term stream.

·
Registered
2 Posts
482 TSS visa for audiologist

Hi

I applied for the visa on 12th December 2019 and was required to do extra police checks which were completed and uploaded on 18th December 2019 and another one (secondary applicant, spouse) on 4th January 2020 and current visa processing time is showing at 38 to 58 days.

Just wondering if theres anyone else waiting and how long it has been for them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
continued

Can I also add that the status is at further assessment - does anyone know if this is the last stage or is there more after that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am in process of applying for TSS 482 visa for me and my family. I have received nomination from sponsor and other documents. But I have not yet received registration of medical board to practice as doctor in Australia. The application for registration has been submitted to AHPRA and am waiting the outcome.
I wanted to know whether I should wait for the outcome form AHPRA or should go ahead with visa application?
And also what are the current timelines for visa approval?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Can someone please guide me what is the salary requirement of 482 visa for a software developer with more than 2 years of experience?

My employer is willing to sponsor me but we are not sure about the standard salary for a software developer with 2 years of experience.

Its a bit urgent, please help.

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
After seeing all the posts I understand that me nad my partner are not the only ones left in the dark.
My husband loadged for TSS visa short term, regional area on 20 Nov 2019.
Nomination approved and RFI on 22 Nov 2019
Updated on 4 Dec 2019
At that time the immiaccount showed estimated processing time as 35-57 days which changed to 37-58 days in 2 weeks and showed FURTHER ASSESSMENT.
On 62th day of loadgment the processing time again changed to 38-61 days and today is the 74th day 😓😓😓.
The immigration agent has already sent a along email and the Department hasnt responded yet. I wonder it is said there is a priority list😐😐.
Prayers to all out there waiting in the dark.
May the visa come through soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am currently studying in Sydney on a Student visa while also working part time as an Acoustic Engineer (occupation group Engineers Professional nec 233999). I plan to continue working there after graduation and so far my best option is Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa, but I am concerned with the 2 years work experience requirement.

I have previously worked as Acoustic Engineer back in Indonesia for about 14 months. In Sydney, I started working from September 2019 and planned to work until graduation on July 2020 (part-time during semester because of the Student visa restriction, which if I calculate to full time equivalent will be less than 2 years). Does anyone have similar case like this? Or is it still considered two years experience even with some part-time in it?

Thanks before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank God today our TSS visa got granted which took 90 days after loadging.
Prayers to all those still waiting for the visa grant .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sauzer, congratulations on lodging the application.

I havent seen many TSS 482 approvals recently. Not sure if we can see how many tss applications are in queue on the immi portal.

Mine was lodged mid June and agent confirmed that he should have some news about the visa in September. For now , all I can do is wait !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Preddy, thank you for your answer. Are you onshore or offshore ? I am offshore. Our agent also told us the same timeline, we may expect updates in September October. Next week, I plan to apply for a travel exemption. I hope it can speed up the process

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
Hi Preddy, thank you for your answer. Are you onshore or offshore ? I am offshore. Our agent also told us the same timeline, we may expect updates in September October. Next week, I plan to apply for a travel exemption. I hope it can speed up the process
I believe you need to have a visa before you can apply for an exemption.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, they have changed the process, you can apply even if you don't have your visa. There's a lot of person relating their travel exemption was granted while the visa application was not granted.

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
No, they have changed the process, you can apply even if you don't have your visa. There's a lot of person relating their travel exemption was granted while the visa application was not granted.
Well thing must have changed again.
This is from the Department Webpage

"Apply online for an exemption
You need to apply for an exemption at least two weeks, but not more than three months, before your planned travel.
To complete a travel exemption request you should already hold a visa and you should provide information and documents to support your request."
https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/...ted to Australia (holding a subclass 995 visa)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look the pictures attached. Options are différents, but if you select no to "have you applied for a visa" , you cannot continue the form.im if you select yes, you can continue, even if you answered no to "do you hold a visa". Also, I have attached a screenshot from a FB conversation.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
Wow that's totally crazy, and a contradiction to what the other site says!
I notice that it seems to be referring to people with some sort of critical skills, I wonder what they have to be?
Also there is another problem, which was mentioned by the Australian High Commissioner in London, the airlines are making money by rationing seats and basically forcing people to purchase Business Class seats.
When you add in the $3000 cost of quarantine it would cost $20,000 just to get here even if you had permission to travel!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The person's job is related to procurement, so I don't think it is critical, but it depends on the company area, customers... I was not aware about the business class seats, but if you are granted travel exemption, you have the choice of airline's companies, I don't think they can force you to buy premium, this is not their interest to discourage users to book a flight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys!

And greetings from Finland!

Any recent visa approvals for some of you? Mine was lodged on 3rd of August.
About to work as a mechanical engineer in the mining industry. Eagerly waiting for a response from the visa...

681 - 700 of 726 Posts