Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 457 visa which commenced this year. I was hoping to add my partner who is not in Australia currently to my visa but now it seems she will have to apply for a subsequent entry 482 visa to do that.

I know that if you need to change employer/occupation I would need to change to a 482 but I'm eager to stay on my 457 as its four years. Would my partner getting a subsequent 482 lead my visa status also to change to 482 or would it have no affect on my visa? I know many might not know given its recent introduction but any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
So I have a 457 visa which commenced this year. I was hoping to add my partner who is not in Australia currently to my visa but now it seems she will have to apply for a subsequent entry 482 visa to do that.

I know that if you need to change employer/occupation I would need to change to a 482 but I'm eager to stay on my 457 as its four years. Would my partner getting a subsequent 482 lead my visa status also to change to 482 or would it have no affect on my visa? I know many might not know given its recent introduction but any help would be very much appreciated.
It is my understanding that your partner's sc. 482 subsequent entry visa will be linked to your sc. 457 visa, which will remaining in place until it expires/ceases. I imagine her sc. 482 visa will have the same expiry date as your sc. 457 visa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know that if you need to change employer/occupation I would need to change to a 482 ...
hi guys, i wanted to check what exactly a change to 482 means when changing a sponsor? i was made redundant just before new Mar update was released, does it mean I would have to re-apply to a new visa within same 90 days if i am lucky to find a sponsor??

would that effectively be a new application from the very beginning or some sort of quick transfer? thanks so much in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.