Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

as a migration agent is really expensive i hope to find help through you guys here.

I'm an italian guy holding a 457 Visa.

My gf is Filippina.
At the moment we are trying to get a Tourist Visa (600) for her and if everything will be fine she will be here in August/September 2015 for 3 months ( and maybe more if we can extend it).

I've been to Philippines for 3 weeks to visit her recently.

Anyway, to sum up i was wondering if I could add her under my Visa.

Unfortunately we do not have any joint documents to show to the immi yet.

Just our chats since 7/8 months and pics together and hopefully the time we'll be spending together when she will come here.

Any chance i can include her on my Visa?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Hi guys,

as a migration agent is really expensive i hope to find help through you guys here.

I'm an italian guy holding a 457 Visa.

My gf is Filippina.
At the moment we are trying to get a Tourist Visa (600) for her and if everything will be fine she will be here in August/September 2015 for 3 months ( and maybe more if we can extend it).

I've been to Philippines for 3 weeks to visit her recently.

Anyway, to sum up i was wondering if I could add her under my Visa.

Unfortunately we do not have any joint documents to show to the immi yet.

Just our chats since 7/8 months and pics together and hopefully the time we'll be spending together when she will come here.

Any chance i can include her on my Visa?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi
The problem you face is that she is not your de facto wife but rather your girlfriend, you have said as much yourself. From your statement DIBP will consider you as dating rather than being in a relationship equivalent to being married.

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Yes ok, but can i add her somehow or what?
The short answer is No.
I know you dont want to spend money on an agent but that may be your only recourse.
I can recommend Mark Northam, you can have an initial consultation for a resonable fee and he may have a strategy you could follow.
Otherwise you will not qualify with the evidence you have provided.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The short answer is No.
I know you dont want to spend money on an agent but that may be your only recourse.
I can recommend Mark Northam, you can have an initial consultation for a resonable fee and he may have a strategy you could follow.
Otherwise you will not qualify with the evidence you have provided.
Ok, thanks for that.
I did write de facto but i dont really know if this is the right word. Maybe there is another way to include her.

I'm also enquiring to see if there is a way to follow (that might take months) to reach the point where I'll be able to add her.

How can I contact him? I'm in Melbourne.

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Ok, thanks for that.
I did write de facto but i dont really know if this is the right word. Maybe there is another way to include her.

I'm also enquiring to see if there is a way to follow (that might take months) to reach the point where I'll be able to add her.

How can I contact him? I'm in Melbourne.
Yes there is a way but it will take at least 12 months and a lot of effort.
You can contact Mark through the "Ask Mark" section in the "Stickes" on this forum, or just Google Mark Northam and associates. He is in Sydney but does consulting via Skype or phone.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Maybe there is another way to include her. I'm also enquiring to see if there is a way to follow (that might take months) to reach the point where I'll be able to add her.
It could work if you could live together as a de-facto couple for at least 6 months.

Your employer must also be wiling to formally include her in the 457 sponsorship.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes there is a way but it will take at least 12 months and a lot of effort.
You can contact Mark through the "Ask Mark" section in the "Stickes" on this forum, or just Google Mark Northam and associates. He is in Sydney but does consulting via Skype or phone.
Good Luck
Why 12 months?
What do you mean by " a lot of effort?"
Will it cost much?

Please if I could have an idea it would be great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It could work if you could live together as a de-facto couple for at least 6 months.

Your employer must also be wiling to formally include her in the 457 sponsorship.
What do you mean by de-facto couple? Do we need any documents.
If she is lucky maximum she'll get is a tourist Visa.

Does cost money for my employer add her on my Visa?

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Why 12 months?
What do you mean by " a lot of effort?"
Will it cost much?

Please if I could have an idea it would be great.
Sorry my mistake for a 457 it is only 6 not 12 months.
The effort is that you have to be able to prove that you have lived together as though you were actually married.
So that means shared finances, leases, utility bills etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry my mistake for a 457 it is only 6 not 12 months.
The effort is that you have to be able to prove that you have lived together as though you were actually married.
So that means shared finances, leases, utility bills etc.
Ok.
Could you please exactly tell me the steps.
She basically has no money and maximum she could have is a tourist Visa.

Can I still add her on my lease etc?

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Ok.
Could you please exactly tell me the steps.
She basically has no money and maximum she could have is a tourist Visa.

Can I still add her on my lease etc?
I dont know if you are aware of the difficulty of people from High Risk countries such as the Philippines of obtaining a tourist visa?
It is usually very difficult to obtain as they must be able to show that they will return home at the end of their visa. Evidence required is usually a well paying, secure job, a letter from her employer stating that she has a position to return to, evidence of prior travel, financial position, copies of titles to any property she may own.
It is only $130 to apply so it is worth a try as sometimes it is like a lottery and thye will grant a visa unexpectedly.
Most visa come with a no further stay condition.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know if you are aware of the difficulty of people from High Risk countries such as the Philippines of obtaining a tourist visa?
It is usually very difficult to obtain as they must be able to show that they will return home at the end of their visa. Evidence required is usually a well paying, secure job, a letter from her employer stating that she has a position to return to, evidence of prior travel, financial position, copies of titles to any property she may own.
It is only $130 to apply so it is worth a try as sometimes it is like a lottery and thye will grant a visa unexpectedly.
Most visa come with a no further stay condition.
I know that and we are working on it.
And this is not the point of my question.

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
I know that and we are working on it.
And this is not the point of my question.
If you are referring to the lease then i would say it is up to your agent but i would doubt it.
I was a property manager for 13 years and we certainly didn't add temporary visitors to leases.
They may allow you to add her a a permitted tenant.

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
What do you mean by de-facto couple? Do we need any documents.
If she is lucky maximum she'll get is a tourist Visa.

Does cost money for my employer add her on my Visa?
Being in a de-facto relationship is basically the same as being married, but without the marriage certificate. It requires a significant amount of evidence.

There is no cost for the employer to extend the 457 the sponsorship obligations to a partner, but it is a significant commitment on the employer's behalf, as he basically will be responsible for her while she is in Australia.

Your partner will have to pay the $ 1060.00 application fee and possibly an additional $ 700.00 fee if she extends her tourist visa in Australia, before applying for the sc. 457.

You can't really do anything until your partner has been able to enter Australia on a tourist visa and you know the duration and conditions of her visa.

My suggestion would be to get a professional to handle this for you, but you have already stated that you don't want to spend the money.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you are referring to the lease then i would say it is up to your agent but i would doubt it.
I was a property manager for 13 years and we certainly didn't add temporary visitors to leases.
They may allow you to add her a a permitted tenant.
Ok then where is the way you guys are talking about it if she is not allowed to do anything?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Being in a de-facto relationship is basically the same as being married, but without the marriage certificate. It requires a significant amount of evidence.

There is no cost for the employer to extend the 457 the sponsorship obligations to a partner, but it is a significant commitment on the employer's behalf, as he basically will be responsible for her while she is in Australia.

Your partner will have to pay the $ 1060.00 application fee and possibly an additional $ 700.00 fee if she extends her tourist visa in Australia, before applying for the sc. 457.

You can't really do anything until your partner has been able to enter Australia on a tourist visa and you know the duration and conditions of her visa.

My suggestion would be to get a professional to handle this for you, but you have already stated that you don't want to spend the money.
Let's say she gets the tourist Visa with no further stay condition- can she extend it somehow?

Can we create evidence from the moment she'll get here?

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
1)Theoretically, yes, but there is a good chance that any new tourist visa onshore (extension) will have a no further stay condition, even if the original visa doesn't.

2)Yes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.