Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Apologies for starting a new conversation- i'm new to this website.
I am looking for advice and help with this visa application, as my working holiday visa expires July 2018- 4 months, and I have only just started the application process.
I have arranged for my birth certificate to be sent from the UK, but in the meantime am I alright to submit and pay for the visa, and go back to it later and add other documents?
As in, submit and pay for the application- can I go back and add additional completed forms (888, police clearance, copy of passport, birth certificate, etc.)?

Any help would be fab, as my partner doesn't seem too worried about the limited time we have :D

Thanks,
Amy xx

·
Registered
814 Posts
4 months is plenty of time - I would wait and gather up all your documents and have everything ready before submitting the application. Technically a case officer can look at your file any time and if you don't have your documents and evidence attached within say a 2-4 week period after applying, they would be within their rights to deny your visa without any further contact. It's an easy way for them to meet targets!

It's a stressful enough process as it is, without adding to it by not having everything ready to go and then stressing about whether it will arrive before someone looks at your file.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know when the changes are due to happen ? That's the reason I'm kind of keen to get the whole thing started I'm anxious that my partner will have to apply before me, and I have to go back home and can't come back until the 820 is granted ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah OK, that puts my mind (slightly) at ease then :)
I saw somewhere that this month was expected to be the month when the changes apply.
Thanks for the help!

Amy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I didn't realise that was the case at the moment :/ I will definitely leave it then, as I can see how much I actually need.
It's just on my mind all the time because I know how limited my time left is ?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I certainly wouldn't want to wait, so maybe focus on gathering the required documentation and getting the app in as soon as possible after that. Form 888s can take quite a while to get in sometimes. Best to request a deadline and say you need it within a week or give them a certain date. Otherwise they get forgotten about.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have arranged for my birth certificate to be sent from the UK
Just wanted to mention - are you obtaining the birth certificate to be sent by family? Or from a UK government service? (eg. you dont have a physical copy anywhere).

If youre not aware, everything is done online through immiaccount, so there is no need to certify documents. Just clear copy colour scans are sufficient.

So, if your family is sending it, you might be easier to just get them to scan it, and email it to you. Will potentially save you a lot of hassle. Same goes for IDs (passport, drivers license etc). Jusf upload clear colour scans.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK I see, so my parents have a copy but it is very worn so I arranged one to be sent from the government as hopefully it looks a bit more professional if it doesn't look old!
I was going to ask, do the visa deciders prefer the forms (eg 888) to be filled out by hand or online? As my partner has family members who don't have access to computers, and some who would prefer to fill them in online! Does it matter?

·
Registered
814 Posts
They can be typed and printed for signing, or printed and then filled out by hand neatly. They probably prefer typed and printed as obviously it's easier to read than handwriting. However as long as it's legible (pref in block letters) then hand written is also acceptable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's great, thankyou.
If any body's from WA, they don't do relationship registering do they? From my research on the internet, that's what I have found, but want to make sure before I submit the application :)
Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
OK I see, so my parents have a copy but it is very worn so I arranged one to be sent from the government as hopefully it looks a bit more professional if it doesn't look old!
I was going to ask, do the visa deciders prefer the forms (eg 888) to be filled out by hand or online? As my partner has family members who don't have access to computers, and some who would prefer to fill them in online! Does it matter?
It doesn't matter. Ours typed them in but if your people choose to hand write them it does state that block lettering is required.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah OK I see, I've only had a brief flick through the form so I must have missed that!!
I managed to find a check list with everything needed and so I am just very hopeful I can get it all done before July ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.