Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to apply for the partner visa (de-facto) and are looking for some information if anybody has been in the same situation?

Our relationship started a few years back when I was travelling in and out of China for work. She was living and working in China.

She has since now left China and living back in Philippines. She currently has a Visitor Visa and travels and stays in Australia for 2-3 months, then returns to Philippines. I usually travel into Philippines and stay for a week or so, which she then returns to Australia with me.

We currently share a joint bank account in Australia, which she draws upon while in Philippines, can get statuary declarations from friends in Australia, China and Philippines, own a car together in Philippines, evidence of Holidays together (including her daughter) and lots of travel between Australia, China and Philippines, message and call history lots of photos etc.

Where I see an issue is we have not "lived" together for 12 months. As she is only allowed to stay in Australia for 3 months. I have looked for work in Philippines, however the salary is far to low compared to what I get in Australia. She is still currently married (no divorce in Philippines), however we are engaged.

Will this cause an issue with the application, not having lived together formally for 12 months?

Any advise/ feedback from others that have come across the same issue in the past?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Sorry, Could you explain that further please? What do you mean, not living separately apart?
This means that the law requires that you do not 'live separately and apart on a permanent basis'. In other words, it's understood that couples may need to spend time apart from time to time, but they cannot live separately on a permanent basis.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
[QUOTE=mthrfckr; We are looking to apply for the partner visa (de-facto) and are looking for some information if anybody has been in the same situation?

*** 10's of thousands each year are in the same possition.

Our relationship started a few years back when I was travelling in and out of China for work. She was living and working in China.

She has since now left China and living back in Philippines. She currently has a Visitor Visa and travels and stays in Australia for 2-3 months, then returns to Philippines. I usually travel into Philippines and stay for a week or so, which she then returns to Australia with me.

*** at what date can you prove you are de facto and not dating?

We currently share a joint bank account in Australia, which she draws upon while in Philippines, can get statuary declarations from friends in Australia, China and Philippines, own a car together in Philippines, evidence of Holidays together (including her daughter) and lots of travel between Australia, China and Philippines, message and call history lots of photos etc.

*** When did you open the bank account and are you joint owners on paper for the car if yes when? Have you made inquiries in writing (email) for the daughters education?

Where I see an issue is we have not "lived" together for 12 months. As she is only allowed to stay in Australia for 3 months. I have looked for work in Philippines, however the salary is far to low compared to what I get in Australia. She is still currently married (no divorce in Philippines), however we are engaged.

*** As mentioned by 2 posters including a Registered Migration Agent - no such requirement.

Will this cause an issue with the application, not having lived together formally for 12 months?

*** What state do you live? Relationship registration may be an option if required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.